Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joe's 1984 WB One-Tonner

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Finally I've bought myself a car, so now I can make my own My Ride topic. Lol.!

Picked her up today, (21/09/08)

1984 Holden WB One-Tonner
202 3.3 Ltr Straight Six Blue Motor.
4 Speed manual floor shift.

Very original, and only 225,000kms.

Needs some work, (manily rust repairs) but yeah, havn't been able to start her yet, I hope all the running gear is in good nic.

I'll add more as I go along.

Last edited:

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
host them on photobucket mate, much easier as the forum has a limit on the size of your photos if you upload them as an attachment

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Image095.jpg

Image097.jpg

Image098.jpg

Image099.jpg

Image112.jpg

Image113.jpg

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
nice man. First thing, drop the sides and back off that tray will look much neater

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeah, I know, they look better without the sides usually. Plus, once I polish it and get all the splashed cement off ( prev owner was a bricklayer) it'll look good. Thanks for the comment mate.

For now, I'm gonna leave the sides, and just do the things that need doing, like a drivers floor pan - lol - when we went to have a look at it, my dad lifted up the mat - and we could see the green grass underneath the vehicle LOL.

Reminded me of those "little tikes" cars we used to have, where you sat in it, and pushed it along by using your feet (like walking) LOL. Freddy Flinstone Much?

So yeah, first I gotta clean up the interior, fix up that floorpan, dads ute needs a new windscreen, but it'll probs do for mine, so maybe we can get that put in mine, just with a new seal. First I'll get the rust around the cowl panels fixed, as well as the few other small bits and pieces.

BTW, What do you reckon it's worth, just going by the pics?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Nice one dude!! I'll keep an eye out for it around your area!

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Nah, she's not regoed mate. (Sitting at the top of my driveway, so you'll see her when you go past) (Did have rego before I bought it, but then, in technically it didn't, bit of a story really)

I might as well tell it then - The bloke who owned it before me, had a HZ Tonner before he sold it and got this one. Instead of registering this one, he just swapped the plates and rego sticker from his HZ onto it.

LOL. And his other one was a V8 and everything, and a 1978.

Bit of an idiot really, his lucky he didn't get done, or worse still, involved in an accident, what with the windscreen being badly cracked in a few places, having a commodore wheel on the back, and approx 30x30cm hole in the floor pan.

Haha. That's people on the Rye peninsula for you I guess. lol.

But before he got it, it had been sitting in a garage in Mt. Gambier for 10 years. So, would've been a very orignal vehicle with low kms and great condition.

But anyway, she'll still clean up really well. :)

Was gonna get her started today, fixed the battery leads (the terminal connections were buggered, maybe why it's not starting, might not actually be anything wrong with the fuel pump) But Maccas rang me up, to work. Oh well. :)

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Great pickup.Rust is so common in these things,get onto rare spares as they have floor pans and the cowl panels too.Dont bog em up just replace the metal,otherwise it will come back to haunt you.What plans do you have for it anyway?