Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joining the ZB crew - 2019 LT 2.0L long term review thread.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Mine still says it's connected on the phone still, but will disconnect on the car, is that what yours was doing??
yeah that is basically what it used to do and i would have to unplug and replug it to make it work again.

it is my guess that the data lines for the usb port are too long from the console to the base unit up under the drivers side of the dash so when you plug a long cable in you get signal degradation and it ends up dropping out but when you use a 15/20 cm short cable it is just enough to keep it all happy.

i have the aawireless module plugged into the short cable in the console and it has never dropped out and i was going to do a small mod to have the aawireless module under the dash with a usb hub and also have the console usb connected and free so i could use it for charging or a usb drive of mp3s.
i tested that it all works but just have not got around to making the plugs and installing it.

Reactions: Lex

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore LT 2.0T Wagon
Just discovered the speed limiter today, game changer.
Really easy to use and allows for quick acceleration straight to the speed limit without having to focus on the speedo too much.

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah that is basically what it used to do and i would have to unplug and replug it to make it work again.

it is my guess that the data lines for the usb port are too long from the console to the base unit up under the drivers side of the dash so when you plug a long cable in you get signal degradation and it ends up dropping out but when you use a 15/20 cm short cable it is just enough to keep it all happy.

i have the aawireless module plugged into the short cable in the console and it has never dropped out and i was going to do a small mod to have the aawireless module under the dash with a usb hub and also have the console usb connected and free so i could use it for charging or a usb drive of mp3s.
i tested that it all works but just have not got around to making the plugs and installing it.
Ended up buying a 20cm high speed usb cable and it works perfectly.
Will see how long it lasts before I pull the trigger on the wireless module, still need to get cargo liner, net etc so slowly building it up.

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Didn't want to dish out over $100 for a cargo mat so just gut an anti slip mat from Bunnings for $50 and cut to suit, works a charm.

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
Loving the car, used to using android auto now, still miss the kayhan but does the job.
One big gripe though, no height adjustment on the passenger seat, what were they thinking. Will most likely end up grabbing a pair of front seats from the upper models.

Slap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss crewman l98 auto
I heard the First (VB) Commodore was based on an Opel, funny how the die hards killed their own beloved through lack of attention, shame it was Holden. Its the best commi this 4 banger zb, everything you need for modern driving.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I heard the First (VB) Commodore was based on an Opel, funny how the die hards killed their own beloved through lack of attention, shame it was Holden. It’s the best commi this 4 banger zb, everything you need for modern driving.
It was based on the Opel but the Aussies made it wider and stronger, then dropped its own driveline in and its own suspension set up. It was an Opel in looks only.

Slap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss crewman l98 auto
Thanks for the info, in 2011 they knew it had to go overseas and started the interior design for the ZB, thats a long time so plenty of hard aussie hours there and there was extensive tuning at the lang lang test grounds for the zb to adapt it to Aussie roads I believe, the 4 banger turbo is best drive line for the era we are in. 6.2lt are awesome and I own a 6.0lt crewman I love, so the difference is huge, these ZB commis are great to drive. Lane assist, autonomous braking, collision and pedestrian detection, enough airbags that when you do get crashed into the kids will have fun and ask for another turn like its a jumping castle.
I'm sure if holden could have continued they would have built on it very well.
Its a Commodore and is wicked.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the insignia b is ok enough for a daily.
the biggest problem with them is parts availability, when something sh!ts its self you have to wait weeks for parts to arrive.
consumable parts are scarce too like filters, belts, plugs.