Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jonahs R32 Skyline

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Should've done rb25 det conversion

Shoulda woulda coulda.... I was hanging out for farty blip noise, apprentice wages, cheap engine came up. I wish it was faster but for now Im happy, sounds like skyline now :) will skid better, not many negatives really.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Should've done rb25 det conversion

You can't just get in the ring with ali cause you think you can box. He's working his way up to it.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Mate I was joking rb 20 det is a great engine! As long as ur happy doesn't matter what anyone else says! Love the r32 skyline best shape

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
You can't just get in the ring with ali cause you think you can box. He's working his way up to it.

I have already learn't how a incorrectly fitted boost controller can destroy a turbo, or engine. I do not like free spooling........

got up to 15psi on stock turbo and I said to myself, yeah nah.

DONT BUY CHEAP BOOST TAPS!!!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have already learn't how a incorrectly fitted boost controller can destroy a turbo, or engine. I do not like free spooling........

got up to 15psi on stock turbo and I said to myself, yeah nah.

DONT BUY CHEAP BOOST TAPS!!!

Also make sure you run proper fuel. No cheap crap. Also good oil helps. I had an ebay special boost tee on the Mazda. Massive spikes. Threw a turbosmart one all good now.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Always 95 at least. I have fuchs 15W40 and a bit Of moreys too and a AC delco filter to keep a bit of my Holden loving side with it :D

I jst got the tap because i going to a car event tomorrow and I wanted moar boost!! alas, the poor man pays twice........

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Don't quite follow that reasoning? You like it because its NOT the most refined and powerful of the rb family?

As for SR32, nope... I hate sr's personally they sound horrible:p rb>sr everyday of the week..

Yes, SRs sound like balls.

I guess my point is that everybody takes the easy route of power instead of actually improving their driving ability. It's easy to rely on heaps of power to do a huge power skid with an LS1/JZ/25 or something else with a huge turbo hanging off the side, but when you can make a 100kw car look like it has 200+kw, you must be doing something right.

Also, should run 98RON at a minimum. Know people with RBs who have gotten detonation running 95.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Fair enough- I can respect that reasoning.

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
Have fun at D1NZ man, was gonna go myself but I forgot until a couple of days ago so bit short notice to get down there.