Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josheh's VR

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
hey man, tried any of my light mods yet? cars looking good too. nice plates

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
Hey thanks for the reply mate, The Interior "DASH" lights are from an ebay seller: eBay Australia Shop - Zero Point Electronics: LED Dash Kits, LED Bulb Packs, LED Parker Bulbs the ones i payed for were around 17 dollars.

And the rest that's blue is interior blue lights which i brought from Autobarn for around 20 dollars.

And that's a great idea about the door handles, Thank you ! Might try it tomorrow arvo.

I was thinking Chrome earlier, Remove the small white strip, And just put a Chrome strip right around, but then i was considering a black strip with a red "Commadore" badge in the strip... Hmm

I'm not too sure about the percentage, But the tint is: Midnight Express - Darkest Legal Window Tint | TintACar.com.au

Which the URL says, It's Midnight Express.

And yeah, the venetians (Spelling?) I saw on a smick looking white VR/VS on here, And it looks absalutely fantastic, Which is where i got the idea from, No kids or anything at the moment thankfully.

Hope this helped mate!

cheers mate i should just change the whole colour of my dash acctually
yeah colour code your handle i was about to buy them but i think ill do it this weekend
i chrome pinstriped my stips and they look okay but make sure you clean then alot and firmly attach the strips, because one of mine peeled off so i just replaced the whole strip
i never liked the look of those venetians, it will be good to see how they go tho, will they be black or painted?

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Nah, Haven't tried any of the lights mods yet, Haven't had much time for the car the last few days.

And yeah, I've never liked the venetians either, If i got them they would probably be the maroon colour of the car.

I have too go now, But I've been meaning to check out your car, it looks really good... The next time I'm on I'll give it a good check out!

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
sweet, i saw a car with the vemetians they were inside the back window tho and they were white to match the car colour i didnt really mind them but i personally wouldnt spend money on them

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hey! Done a little more stuff to the car lately,

Painted the dash' I decided not to do a bright colour because it sometimes looks really out of place, I've never been into dash painting all that much but enjoyed doing this, And i personally think it came up pretty well, It's a darker red, around about the same colour as my car.

removed pin strip, "Needs a polish and cut", , red wiper rubber, And I've recently got red walls put on too.

Here are some pictures

If you click the thumbnail it will take you to imageshack and show a bigger picture, Click the picture again for the big picture.

I hope you Like / look / give opinions, I am enjoying doing little things to the car that's mostly do it yourself type things. :)

Oh also, I'm trying too find a new handbreak grip / the tbone on the auto, I want something a little different and not cheap like the supercheap auto one like i have now, Anyone have any ideas? Someone said they got one from over seas, and it looks bloody awesome, but you have to go over there to get them, Does that mean a lot of hand break levers fit the VR / VS?

Weapon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VS
hey,
i got red leather vy ss seats (vgc, with rails to suit vn-vs) and a red leather issotta steering wheel (gc)
if your interested in them pm me :)

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Because of christmas, I'm not overly cashed up at the moment, I wouldn't mind the wheel, But my cars an Acclaim, And I've tried everything i can do, But I can't legally put a F%^ing sports steering wheel on my car, That to this day still pisses me off, A whole year later and it's still playing on my mind....

Who here actually has a airbag wheel, And have removed it and put a sports one on, Do police really give two shits about it ? Do they even check? Would they bother? How many people been done for it ? Would they defect me, or just tell me to put my old wheel back on and if they catch me again blah blah will happen ?

Weapon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VS
its possible, to change the wheel.
theres a few guides around if you look

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Why didn't you paint the part around the handbrake? I wrote up a quick guide to removing the central area and that part is included, if you're interested.

Looks good though, very clean.