Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josheh's VR

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey all, thought I'd post up my ride, It's my first car.

Model: VR Acclaim
Year: 1994
Colour: MASAI RED / F046
Engine Type: 3.8ltr V6
Odometer: 176,000
Exhaust: 2.5 inch Sports Exhaust
Gearbox: 4 speed Auto
Suspension: Mix, With Super Low King Springs
Wheels: 17" SSA Elenors
Interior/ Exterior: Red Micra Painted Dash, Seat Covers, Debadged, Complete Blue Interior Lights, Custom Handbake.
Future Mods: Different handbrake, And T bone Auto Shifter "Ideas?, Get a new Steering wheel,, red venetians (Spelling?) In the rear window, Some sort of new front seats, Any other ideas people ??

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 656
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 668
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
dashlights

hey mate. i like what youve done sounds like its gonna be a good car. was it very hard to change the colour of you dash lights? what was involved?
cheers dave

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Not hard at all mate, Just a matter of buying the leds i got off ebay for around 20 bucks with postage, Unscrew the 2 screws on the plastic dash cover thing, then unscrew 2 more screws in the guage, pull the guage box thing out, and at the back theres 4 screwout bulbs, just swap them over practically and you're done.

If i can do it, Anybody can do it, I'm pretty NUB at car stuff haha. :whistling

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks neat mate, the dash looks good.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hey, Haven't updated much lately, Haven't really done much, But I've painted the rear garnish, And got new plates, That's about it really, Heres some new pics:

I'm thinking of changing the strips on it too black not grey, And no, I'm not removing the spoiler, I think it's one of the VR/VS's that actually looks alright with them on, And It'll destroy it if I removed it.

The Actual tint is a LOT darker than these picture show, I have no idea why it doesn't look dark, but meh.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 281

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Looks like a neat car there mate, gotta love the VR/VS's they have a neat look to them..

Nice rims, and the dash looks good to - looks like the lights pretty even in it, good effort eyy.

Found any VX SS Seats yet??

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ay man sorry im a lil drunk umm yeh my cousin has a set i think but it seems like hard work too fit them ? but yeah i should take em man i think vx / vt seats would be heaps better!

and thanks man, yeah i spend quite a bit of money and care on the car.

I got lucky with the lights to be honest, some people say they dont spread properly, but i did a bit of modification on mine with a stanly knife scraping some of the orange and stuff off and it's a LOT better now!

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
hey mate looks nice i rekon you should lowere it a tad more, i need to get some of those interior lights i cant find them coz my speed alert light broke and wanna replace it. you colour coded your rear garhish heaps good. should do the door handles, for an idea on that grey stuff you should replace it with chrome would look nice, i sorta done it but i pinstriped my old black strips. and got a thin chrome for back, looks doidgy need to get some thicker stuff. what % tint you got on there? also i dont rekon you should get those venetians they look old style look, unless you need them for children or somehting alike

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Hey thanks for the reply mate, The Interior "DASH" lights are from an ebay seller: eBay Australia Shop - Zero Point Electronics: LED Dash Kits, LED Bulb Packs, LED Parker Bulbs the ones i payed for were around 17 dollars.

And the rest that's blue is interior blue lights which i brought from Autobarn for around 20 dollars.

And that's a great idea about the door handles, Thank you ! Might try it tomorrow arvo.

I was thinking Chrome earlier, Remove the small white strip, And just put a Chrome strip right around, but then i was considering a black strip with a red "Commadore" badge in the strip... Hmm

I'm not too sure about the percentage, But the tint is: Midnight Express - Darkest Legal Window Tint | TintACar.com.au

Which the URL says, It's Midnight Express.

And yeah, the venetians (Spelling?) I saw on a smick looking white VR/VS on here, And it looks absalutely fantastic, Which is where i got the idea from, No kids or anything at the moment thankfully.

Hope this helped mate!