Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh's Vy Ss Ute

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
Model: 03 Vy Ss ute

Colour: Red

Bodykit: VY Ss

Engine Type: LS1 5.7L

Engine Mods: Stock

Power: Unknown

Exhaust: pacemaker extractors, mangflow high flow cats, xforce cat back with twin hotdogs at rear

Gearbox: T56 with rip shifter

Diff: 4.11 lsd

Brakes: Stock

Suspension: Super low fronts ultra low rears, white line adjustable sway bars on stiffest setting

Wheels: 19" Ssv thunders

Interior: Standard black leather

Stereo: Jvc DVD head unit. Polk mm splits, Polk db 12" sub behind drivers seat, Polk 4x90wrms amp.

Plans: just bought a cam kit from the us. That should be fun to fit. Will get heads ported while I'm there

Future: possible blower or turbo

Pictures:
u8uje5eg.jpg
seqanatu.jpg
ja5ysuju.jpg
yze9y2y4.jpg

Last edited:

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Nice Ute bro looks good sitting on those 19's you running ultra lows on the rears is it still legal?. Do you have a side pic of the rear wheels I know SL's on the rears leaves a mean gap just cant be stuffed with the defect hassles thou. How does it drive with 4.11 gears thinking of going that way as i don't do much highway driving. I'd say Turbo unless your in to superchargers but the cam and heads should keep you happy for while.

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the ute the super lows sat a little high in the rear for my liking so I put the ultras in. The rear sits at exactly 100mmm but the flanges for my cars are unfortunately at about 80mm. Doesn't scrape much so for now I don't really care. Could get it up about 10mm just grinding the flange up a bit. If I get pinned I'll get an exhaust shop to make it higher. Yeah the cam should keep me entertained for now and I'll go from there.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Oh and the 4.11's are great. Car cruises so much nicer now. Takes off smoother. Everything. And to be honest is still quiet on the highway. Sits at 1750ish rpm at 100kph.
Thanks for the info sounds good the 6spd really helps with the highway driving. I just want the low down acceleration from the lack of a turbo for now lol. Yeah ultras seems like the way to go but il have to think about it after the last few slammed cars i just don't wants to scrape on everything.Are you installing the cam your self? or a workshop?.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Nice looking Ute Josh. Rims look great.

I have 3.9's in my diff currently. I find these a touch more user friendly for take off and highway speeds but none the less, 4.11's were good.

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go the ultras man it's not that low. Sits good. Yeah man doing all the work myself and with the help of a few friends if I have any questions. Been told its alot easier to take the engine out cus I'm changing the timing chain and oil pump while I'm there.