Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joshyewahh's Black 2002 VU-II Utility.

vuchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU ute
look very nice!

Brendooo89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7 SS
good pick up mate
looking forward to seeing the updates

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
thanks :) it was an idea that popped into my head oneday at work when i was bored, and i stuck with it :) very pleased with the sound inside the car now :) alot better then just running 6's in the doors....... haha!

oh yes. bought a pressy for myself off ebay :D pics in a few days when it arrives :)
yea i reckon it would be, its good how ideas just come to you that turn out to actually work lol. gotta love buying pressies for yourself aye?

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
this arvo dad n i changed the radiator hoses. one hada small hole in it, so time for new ones :)

my pressy from ebay is now in the mail :) should be here by friday, if not, monday :)
its a good idea to keep your old hoses with you just incase anything goes wrong, you have a spare one to change over for the ride home, i have my old one in my car as a spare.

sweet looking forward to seeing your pressie lol

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
very annoyed!

my pressy came in the mail! but, the ebay seller did NOT tell me that the item i bought had a bend in it!

i bought some chrome alloy sports bars for the ute, with a tonneau cover to fit. and to my "suprise" the bars have a nice big bend in them.

its making it so that one of the bars is about 100mm from being bolted on, and the other is 250mm from being bolted on... im NOT happy!
does ANYONE know how to bend aluminium bars back to their original shape? we tryed prying (cant spell?) it with a 12tone jack and a metal beam. kinda so it PUSHES it open and back into position, and it didnt work.
im thinking of using one of those 300degree heat guns and run it over the bend afew times and gently bend it back... maybe that will work. not sure, very angry/annoyed at this! 550$ for something damaged!!!

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
very annoyed!

my pressy came in the mail! but, the ebay seller did NOT tell me that the item i bought had a bend in it!

i bought some chrome alloy sports bars for the ute, with a tonneau cover to fit. and to my "suprise" the bars have a nice big bend in them.

its making it to that one of the bars is about 100mm from being bolted on, and the other is 250mm from being bolted on... im NOT happy!
does ANYONE know how to bend aluminium bars back to their original shape? we tryed prying (cant spell?) it with a 12tone jack and a metal beam. kinda so it PUSHES it open and back into position, and it didnt work.
im thinking of using one of those 300degree heat guns and run it over the bend afew times and gently bend it back... maybe that will work. not sure, very angry/annoyed at this! 550$ for something damaged!!!
Damn, that sucks, i would contact the seller about it, and if they dont reply, contact ebay about it. how did you pay for them? pay pal? good pressie though

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
sweet as mate, i love your determination, care to come and fix my car with that determination lol. best of luck with it, hope it goes well for you