Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jungle Green SSV in the States

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I have to agree with this. I'm from Ontario Canada and GM product outside of the Vette and trucks was woeful. It wasn't until the Aussie cars made it into Pontiac that the brand got some respect again. I personally love the recent generation Camaro which was Aussie designed and Canadian built. I struggle to see where the company will head in a positive manner with exception to Caddy and the mid engine Vette... there's just too much Daewoo in GM these days.

I changed it because chevy didnt really have any part in designing these cars. And, im actually not a fan of chevy...i always hated gm. For decades they've made crap here in the states (still do) and its a brand that many people look down on. However im the biggest Holden fan this side of the pond! There is a significant difference in build quality and performance of these cars (i had a gto/monaro previously) compared to the rest of GM's north american products.

VF_MN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline LS3
I have to agree with this. I'm from Ontario Canada and GM product outside of the Vette and trucks was woeful. It wasn't until the Aussie cars made it into Pontiac that the brand got some respect again. I personally love the recent generation Camaro which was Aussie designed and Canadian built. I struggle to see where the company will head in a positive manner with exception to Caddy and the mid engine Vette... there's just too much Daewoo in GM these days.

correct. pretty much all of the current passenger car offerings are either designed, or built buy the former Daewoo brand, Opel/Vauxhall or Holden designed.

however i still think there is still a lot of room for improvement for what they still sell us here in the US. GM got away with it for so many years just simply based on buyers that would "buy only american" or "won't own anything other than a GM" it eventually bit them in the ass and they're still recovering.

its just an absolute shame that Holden is falling victim to much the same treatment that they gave Saab -- sucked it dry of funds, took the goods, and left.

6LSSVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Series II 6 Speed SS Sportswagon
I decided to change the badging on mine to a bowtie when GM-Holden announced they were shutting down production here in Aus. for good.
I've always been a loyal Holden man from my 1st car '67 HR X2, HK Monaro, HQ 308 Premier wagon etc. and have partied at Bathurst under a red flag 1/2 dozen times.
Holden should consider themselves lucky I didn't buy a BMW/VW/Audi - like everyone else here.
I had a new "Holden Astra" (aka Opel) as a second car once - never again.
It fell apart and spares were "Astranomically" priced.
Interestingly many Astra/Opel owners replaced their Holden Lion with the Opel Flash so I guess I'm not the only one re-badging.
Daewoo - I'd rather walk thanks.