Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just a friendly tip if your ls1 is surging and u cant find the problem

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey guys just thought id post this up here incase anyone has the same problem i did and couldnt figure it out

i fitted a pod to my ls1, straight away at low revs ( just cruising) the car would feel like it was lightly surging and loosing power but as soon as i would boot it in the guts there was no sign of it, anyway i thought it must of been the pod so i put the airbox back on and no joy so i replaced:
tps
iac
02 sensors
battery clamps
plugs/leads
and still no joy so today id had enough and NEEDED to find the problem, so i opend the bonnet strated the car and wrigled every wire i could to see if something was loose and some thing was, as soon as i wrigled the maf plug the car felt liked it missed so i got out a couple of zip ties and zip tied it right up so it couldnt move and wallah problem solved (biggest head ache of my life) but finally im at peace....untill the next problem arrives

anyway just thought id let people know this incase they get the same problem and cant figure it out because its worth a try

cheers

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Also make sure the battery is done up tight... Spent ages with the same issue and thats what it was!

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
was your pod an oiled one? might have to clean the maf with contact cleaner