Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just another kill switch question

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
Good day, I wanna run a kill switch to the fuel pump, just want to know a few things:
1.what kinda cable do i need and where can u buy it from
2. What colour wire is the fuel pump wire ?
3. Or is der a better place to run it to (somethin wid black wires so its more hidden)
4. How do i get the cable to run from inside the cab to the engine bay

i got killa plaxe to put me switch just need sum answers Ta:thumbsup:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
wire doesnt really matter, because you should be running a relay onto the fuel pump wire anyway 16ga should be fine

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
not to sure about you model but they all basicly the same. you need to find the fuel pump relay there will be at least four wires going to it two larger ones, 1 will go to the fuel pump 1 will be from the battery. then there will be two smaller wires.(may be negative or postive switched but it doesnt really matter) one will be an earth the other will be power. pick one (doesnt really matter) cut it half and get some nice 3 mil wire (twin core or figure 8 will do) and join a wire to each half and run them to your switch.

thats only a general guide there may be some difference but only minor ones

as for getting it from engine bay into the cabin just lokk for a rubber gromet.(there usually heaps around) and run it though there

GLDNVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ STATESMAN 5.0
1.what kinda cable do i need and where can u buy it from
Any type cable will do man, go black though if you want for extra security.

2. What colour wire is the fuel pump wire ?
Ummmm what type car is it?

3. Or is der a better place to run it to (somethin wid black wires so its more hidden)
I dont think it really matters where you run the wiring, especially if its black.

4. How do i get the cable to run from inside the cab to the engine bay
Umm yeah theres a rubber grommit thing that is in the firewall, just next to the brake booster, cut a lil hole through that and ya done!