Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just asking people with expirence

darryn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
i want to get a new engine but i don't know what to get i have a VR commodore Calais v6.
either a stage 2 stroker VR or
a stage 5 from sre engines?
any ideas or help?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
First things first. Forget all this stage whatever crap. What do you hope to achieve and what is your budget?

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
What ever you do steer clear of sre. I have one of his and have had dramas with engine noises since new. He replaced the timing gears and chain to start with, apparently the wrong ones were installed. Then about 15000km later i had it rebuilt again, because of a cam bearing with to much clearance. SRE did contribute to the rebuild but I was still out of pocket a couple of grand. To this day it still has valve train noise but I have given up on it. It does however perform quite well. Dyno tune showed 190 RWHP.
I am with Wrath on this stage crap. Every company does diffent things for the same stage. When I was much younger people used to refer to cams as 3/4 race cam ect. My reply was always the same. '' Really! wheres the other 1/4''. Hopefully this stage **** will disappear as well.

darryn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
i am after some thing with power and want to stay on the v6 side

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
have you considered either going turbo or a raptor or even going a factory supercharged motor?

darryn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
i have a Buick engine but i can stroke it but can u inform me whats a L67 top end is and what it does