Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought a VF2 Calais V

Smoggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V LS3
Signed the contract on a very low k's, VF2 Calais V LS3, picking up tomorrow . loved the drive and the comforts... Are there many guys on here with the similar ride?

The exhaust note is pretty sweet, not sure if it's worth upgrading it..

Has there been many common issues I should be looking out for with a 16 LS3? I have factory warranty until 2021 so would like to make the most of it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190624-185111_Carsales.jpg
    Screenshot_20190624-185111_Carsales.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 297

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
6 years and 115000 k’s and only problem I had was tail light-replaced under warranty twice. No issues since warranty has ran out....

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Signed the contract on a very low k's, VF2 Calais V LS3, picking up tomorrow . loved the drive and the comforts... Are there many guys on here with the similar ride?

The exhaust note is pretty sweet, not sure if it's worth upgrading it..

Has there been many common issues I should be looking out for with a 16 LS3? I have factory warranty until 2021 so would like to make the most of it.

Cheers.
Pull the bimodal relay and get a switch off Ebay.

Smoggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V LS3
6 years and 115000 k’s and only problem I had was tail light-replaced under warranty twice. No issues since warranty has ran out....
awsome, what was the issue with the light assy?... moisture? ive noticed some in my tail light

Last edited:

Mik 030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V LS3 series 2 wagon
Welcome to the club. Every startup is a pleasure.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 Commodore Calais V8
I recently purchased a late 2015 VF2 Calais V LS3. Am loving it! I was reading in the motoring press over the weekend that theres been issues with fuel injectors on the LS3 motor. This has occurred with a sig nificant number of vehicles. Holden has claimed fuel quality is behind it but is quietly fitting new injectors to anyone who presents with the problem so it could well be the injectors themselves. No recall yet! The problem first manifests itself when the car goes into limp home mode! Ive got my fingers crossed-ive only ever run mine on 95 since I purchased

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Congrats Mate,

My 2016 Redline wagon had:
- wobbly harmonic balancer replaced under warranty

- as mentioned before , the fuel injector issue. All 8 replaced under warranty. You can easily check them by measuring the impedance. Should be around 11-14 ohms . Lots of the forum members had the issue and more info can be Found here https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/fuel-injector-failure.273845/page-2#post-2998822

- Mylink = rubbish

Enjoy your ride, I have been enjoying mine practically everyday since day one. I like to use the remote start just to listen the start from a different perspective.

Mik 030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V LS3 series 2 wagon
My Calais lives in a closed garage, which makes for a positive sound, when I remote start from in the house. One of life's little pleasures.
Tried out the ease of entry feature, (a while back) where the drivers seat moves towards the rear of the cabin to allow people with limitations to enter or exit more easily. I had been using both keys. My wife's key has the seat move to her settings when she drives. I had the car open and I grabbed her key, got into the car with the seat in its rearward setting. I put on the seat belt, pressed the start button and the seat began to move forward, but was moving into my wife's setting, not mine. The seatbelt began to get tighter as the seat moved higher and more forward than I have it. Had a moment of apprehension as I started to get squashed. Pressed the stop button and stopped the issue. I cancelled the seat move feature, which was scary for any rear seat passenger, as their leg room disappeared as the seat ate up their leg room. Took more care afterwards regarding which key I used. A storm in a teacup of course.
Great car, tows a van 1.6 tonne with ease.

Smoggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais V LS3
My Calais lives in a closed garage, which makes for a positive sound, when I remote start from in the house. One of life's little pleasures.
Tried out the ease of entry feature, (a while back) where the drivers seat moves towards the rear of the cabin to allow people with limitations to enter or exit more easily. I had been using both keys. My wife's key has the seat move to her settings when she drives. I had the car open and I grabbed her key, got into the car with the seat in its rearward setting. I put on the seat belt, pressed the start button and the seat began to move forward, but was moving into my wife's setting, not mine. The seatbelt began to get tighter as the seat moved higher and more forward than I have it. Had a moment of apprehension as I started to get squashed. Pressed the stop button and stopped the issue. I cancelled the seat move feature, which was scary for any rear seat passenger, as their leg room disappeared as the seat ate up their leg room. Took more care afterwards regarding which key I used. A storm in a teacup of course.
Great car, tows a van 1.6 tonne with ease.

Haha, yeah I learnt the hard way with our grand Cherokee.. tall fellas in the back would get their knees crushed each time id stop the car, took me a while to find the setting to disable that lol.. so be doing that on this car for sure.