Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought a VH

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
I once owned an 83 blue over silver 253 electric windows with SUNROOF SLE.If it has a sunroof it could be my old girl.Post photos as soon as you can.

No no roof sad to say and straight gas I hope the fuel lines are still there, soon as she lands il get pics up, my cousin had one back in 96 and he left for interstate for 2 months and gave me the keys to look after her, the teachers weren't impressed parking next to camrys lol I was the coolest kid on the block

Final payment was made today and the freight booked door to door 5-7 working days from NSW to MELB for 312.00 I was wrapped.... Not likely to be by Friday sad to say. I had a Calais turbo years ago and sold it due to too many little things always needing attention and put my bum in a CV8, 20inch FR SIMMONS,HSV BRAKES, VZ GTO INTERIOR, PWR BLOWER,STEREO and the rest but my heart's still with the old clunkers, I'm now able to afford both. I'm not looking forward to trying to fix all the little things but ah well..... Working at a Holden delearship will help I'm sure one of the 20 mechanics can work it out, they better my patience isn't the best these days.

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Hi Mate,

That is the one.

8X69RCL102888H

8 X 69 R C L1 02888 H

8 = Division eg GMH
X = SLE
69 = Sedan
R = engine code 253 in this case
C = 1983 (Model year code and changes Sept)
L1 = Adelaide
02888 = Production serial number
H = VH

With the rest being decoded everything else confirms and cross matches.

Cheers
Thanks conners your a gentleman

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Spoke with freight mob today will pick up within next 48 hrs arrrrr. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 6cyliner and v8 SLE cluster,as is will a 6cyc SLE cluster work in a v8 SLE ? Bought a trip computer and door trims today hopefully see them before the car gets here to go straight on

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Thanks VKBerlina Ill make note of that....... I bought some door trims from a bloke stripping an SLE in SA on good faith put cash in his account and the teller tells me it's instantly in there, SMS him today only for him to say the cash isn't in there yet and his flat out at work and should send off sometime next week arrrrrrr. The bloody urgency has dropped right off.... I'll give it a few days and kindly ask what's goin on.... Fingers crossed I don't get screwed over

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Use Paypal dude, they can send you an invoice and you pay it at least your protected

Yeh I know farrrrrrk, add was on gumtree and just didn't think I couldn't believe I found set of door trims no holes and for electrics and just went for it...... His replied saying the funds are there, hopefully there sent early in the week. Spoke to freight mod today and the VH has left the sellers premises woohoo can't wait....... Can anyone tell me how I get iPhone pics to the iPad ?

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Final payment was made today and the freight booked door to door 5-7 working days from NSW to MELB for 312.00 I was wrapped.

Mate what company is this through if u don't mind me asking?? I bought a vh sle from Wheelers Hill Victoria about 2 months ago off gumtree and had it freighted up to south west Sydney from a company called Door 2 Door and it cost me $735!! And they were the cheapest quote I got out of about 8 companies..

Well done on the car too. They are brilliant when restored properly

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
Mate what company is this through if u don't mind me asking?? I bought a vh sle from Wheelers Hill Victoria about 2 months ago off gumtree and had it freighted up to south west Sydney from a company called Door 2 Door and it cost me $735!! And they were the cheapest quote I got out of about 8 companies..

Well done on the car too. They are brilliant when restored properly

PRIXCAR they are apart of TOLL CAR LOGISTICS. door to door service but its getting dropped off at my work

LSONE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro
New ride should arrive today fingers crossed, waiting like a little kid for Xmas will some how get sum pics up