Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just brought yet another vl...

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Hey guys.

Just thought I would share the latest with you....Just brought another vl lol...

Im doing my missus vl up as a street/show car....See thread>http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vl/139458-new-vl-factory-5-litre-shell-308-carby.html<

However I have found a LOT of rust in her and its been in a front on smash....Most of you know, once there smashed its very hard to get them straight again...

Anyways, I found this on Calaisturbo and thought I would buy it. Was CHEAP! He did have $1200 on it. I picked it up for $300 which was a pretty good deal...

It doesn't look complete, However most parts are there for the girl

Bit of info on her:

VL SL Non turbo
Auto
200 odd thousand on the clock :)
Battery in the boot
Hidden wiring
Fuse box relocated into glove box
Tinted windows
Lots of rust been repaired (Was around the boot channel) Around the windows is good :)
2 n 1/2 inch exhaust
Smoothing of the bay started
Cruise control
Good alarm system

Also came with a few receipts. He was a bit of a bush mechanic looking at the **** he has done. However it is pretty god damn straight which was what I was after. And hasn't been in a smash.

This will be getting a V8 put in her with a paint job. Rest of bay will be smoothed out and all hidden wiring with the v8 loom...

The rb30 is going to go into the walky rep as that motor is starting to get a bit on the sad side....lol...However the motor I pull out will be getting rebuilt along with a new turbo setup and put back into once I have painted it :)

I just cleaned out the shed, so HOPEFULLY I can get this in there 2moz and start to take the stuff out of the car. Might get it rubbed back some more and just pretty much have a play. See whats there and whats not....

Doesnt really matter if it is missing some stuff, as I have almost everything.....Just chasing up a few parts. Need a set of electric window regulators, electric window loom, calais garnish, some parts for my calais flip front. And a few other bits and pieces....

Cheers Guys Nackerz......Hope you all like it and let me know what you think of the new girl :)

Heres some pics:

9gg02h.jpg

s62lo1.jpg

3324emu.jpg

2pqu9ad.jpg

1zyblp5.jpg

2q225gm.jpg

i251cw.jpg

6ia32f.jpg

2edxwgk.jpg

a3fhh0.jpg

r2nujo.jpg

2a7heo6.jpg

344dz5h.jpg

15egvpc.jpg

10yl65y.jpg

2z5oihh.jpg

2f0g76c.jpg

28uqtjm.jpg

2r2vdb7.jpg

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep true that brother!

Well got the motor out....Pulled the cover off the timing belt too see what condition the belt was in...And found a leaking cam seal...

You will see in the pics just above the water pump where I wiped it. The oil was still wet like it had just ran down there...

dpixqu.jpg

b4gjuq.jpg

2wfskrb.jpg

o6agdf.jpg

2ymc35u.jpg

2no9pl.jpg

2cexee.jpg

f2e76.jpg

3x7ad.jpg

qy8uir.jpg

r0z8tt.jpg

5ze59s.jpg

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
geez u dont muck around do ya mate.... good to see the batt in boot n fusebox moved already... saves u doin it

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
feel free to come to bris and fit my turbo gear onto my calais :D

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
been speaking to nackerz.. hes gonna twin turbo this motor ;)
isnt that right ahhaahha