Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just cant get it kickin

dipdip

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt series 2 S pack
hey guys
in my VT iv got a..
3 rca pioneer deck,
pioneer splits in front doors (which i think could be stuffed cos they put out all bass and no sound:bang:)
holden speakers in the rear doors,
pioneer 6x9s in the parcel shelf,
12' pioneer sub in custom box,
4 channel kicker amp powering the sub and the front splits,
and a coustic amp powering the 6x9s...

now to my problem...my 6x9s are running fine, got them tuned up and sounding good!!
my front splits are jsut putting out all bass no matter how much i play with the settings on the amp or the head unit, and my sub is putting out next to NO bass and when i do get a bit of bass it is really tinny wit nothing behind it!! (my mates $200 sub in a box with nothing else sounds louder and better):cry:
hooked up my sub to a mates amp and it sounded fine, then hooked up my amp to his sub and seemed to work!!!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
i literally have no idea wat it is!!
i got quoted $600+ from a car audio place to jsut have a look at it thats not even to fix it!!
wondering if any one in the south eastern suburbs (around 3153) knows wat there doing and doesnt mind having a look ( i can pay and come to u)at it or any one can diagnose the problem over the net!!

sorry its a bit long but its been like this for 6 months and its plain anoyying!!:bang:

cheers
dippa

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If your running the 4 channel to the subs, and the splits, what's filtering the Low frequencies going to the Splits...

dipdip

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt series 2 S pack
i dont no wat your talking about
lol
i bought it the way it is and dont really no that much about stereos and that
cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Well firstly, is the 4 channel amp bridgeable?? because im assuming the rear 2 channels have ben bridged to run the sub.. I would have ran the splits and the 6x9's off the 4 channel, and bridged the 2 channel to run the sub..

Last edited:

dipdip

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt series 2 S pack
Well firstly, is the 4 channel amp bridgeable?? because im assuming the rear 2 channels have ben bridged to run the sub.. I would have ran the splits and the 6x9's off the 4 channel, and bridged the 2 channel to run the sub..

once again im not sure wat u are talking about, i bought it the way that it is:bang:...later this arvo/maybe 2moro ill get a picture of the amp set up labbelling wat is wat and see if that clears things up aa bit!!
cheers

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
What model head unit? Some of the better Pioneer head units have "NETWORK" mode which means your RCA's output HIGH, MID and LOW rather than FRONT, REAR and SUB.

dipdip

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt series 2 S pack
What model head unit? Some of the better Pioneer head units have "NETWORK" mode which means your RCA's output HIGH, MID and LOW rather than FRONT, REAR and SUB.

not exactly sure
ill get those pics up and show the model number!!!
cheers for the help so far guys

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Sounds like you have high pass filter set on the subwoofer output, and low pass filter set on the speaker output (should be the other way around). Check your RCAs are coming from/going to the right places. :)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
doesn't sound like your going to understand what any of us are talking about...

1. I would suggest removing both your amps and reconfiguring them like
  • Run the front splits and the rear 6X9's off the 4 Chan Kicker (4 speakers, each one running of a single channel of the 4 channels of the amp)
  • Run the sub off the Coustic 2 chan amp, BRIDGED (Bridged basically means you connect the two channels together to double the power output, BE CAREFUL because some amps cannot be bridged
2. Look at your wiring, chances are something could be rubbing or just not done properly...

dipdip

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vt series 2 S pack
ok cheers guys for the help..
ill endevour to have a tinker on the weekend and see how we go!!
ill let u no and keep asking quetions!!
Cheers again!!
dippa