Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Commodores Trading Section(For Sale Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ok, seeing as though people cannot follow simple rules, here is a post about these rules:

Trading Post Just Commodores provides a section for members to advertise their cars for sale, parts for sale, general items for sale or wanted to buys. This system is only available to members who have been a part of JC for 90 days or more and have contributed 20 posts or more. This is to prevent people signing up just to sell items and leaving again. It also helps in trusting who you are buying from. People who abuse this system will nto be allowed to continue using it. We also ask that you do not make pointless posts such as "Wow if i had the money i would buy it". Any off topic chat will result in an infraction being issued. If you are unsure of the rules for the Trading section please read the following: New Trading Rules - ALL USERS MUST READ AND OBEY OR YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED

Chat In Trading Post

Just a note to all users. KEEP IDLE CHAT OUT OF HERE. If you are not asking a question to the seller about their item DO NOT POST. This includes comments about how nice their car is and wishing them good luck with the sale. If you wish to compliment someone on something DO IT VIA PM.

There is a few certain repeat offenders that have caught my eye. I am sure you will know who you are. If anyone is caught breaking this rule you will be given a warning. Second strike you will have Trading Post privileges taken away from you for a month.

Please see some examples below:

1. 'Nice car, good luck with the sale'
This is pointless, it does not achieve anything and wastes time.

2. 'If only you live (insert location) i would buy it.'
Same as above. They dont live near you so too bad.

3. 'I wish i had more money to afford this'
Well you dont have more money. If you want to work out some sort of deal with the seller regarding payment fair enough, but wishing for more money is pointless.

4. 'Geez, thats 3 times what it is actually worth'
If someone wants to sell something at an extremely high price then let them. The money doesnt come out of your pocket and it is none of your business.

5. Asking for pictures IS allowed but only needs to be asked ONCE, not by 6 different people.

6. 'My best friends girl friends sisters boy friends mates uncle has one of these.'
Why bother? Once again, a waste of time.

The above mentioned examples are only a sample of the pointless chat that cleaners/mods/admin have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. It wastes our time deleting it so dont waste your time posting it.

Thank you for reading and happy trading

Failure to adhere to this will result in you not being able to post in this section until we decide otherwise. It is getting tiring having to tell people over and over again.
So please, it is a simple rule, follow it yeah?

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
Whats this new for sale "approving" process?
I posted a new thread this morning selling an item and then it said "Thankyou for posting, your post will be added once its approved by a moderator' !
12hrs and still waiting?
Ive never noticed a problem with selling items, why was this new procedure in place, and is it really necessary?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I posted a new thread this morning selling an item and then it said "Thankyou for posting, your post will be added once its approved by a moderator' !
12hrs and still waiting?
Ive never noticed a problem with selling items, why was this new procedure in place, and is it really necessary?

moderators have lives too. we dont catch every moderated thread, have patience. we dont get paid for this.

in regards to the new approval process, too many people ignore the trading section rules, all of which are stickied at the top of each trading section.

if we find that a thread doesnt meet the (somewhat simple and easy to follow) requirements, then it wont be approved.

oh yeh, 12.04pm isnt morning :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
12hrs and still waiting?

Yes, it is necessary, we had much feedback regarding this area.

In fact, many more changes will be happening inside that area also, such as people ignoring rules will be unable to view the section.

Basically, if your thread(parts for sale) is not posted like the example here:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...e/58774-starting-new-thread-use-template.html
and here(Cars for sale):
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/cars-sale/43995-starting-new-thread-use-template.html

it will be deleted. If you think it is too much trouble, then do not bother posting. We are sick of people advertising links to other sites etc and having no normality whatsoever.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I would also like to see advertisements on behalf of friends of friends banned. Its extremely annoying to go into the For Sale section to be told to "contact this guy". Posting quick and easy questions in the thread is sometimes easier than making phone calls to people who arent even on the forum.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
also can it be made a rule that a price and location/suburb be shown. it is very annoying when people say they are from qlD or sa for example and do not list what part.

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
yeah but that template should have been made a long long time ago, and also full notification of all users should get updated rules, mass send pm to all, the rules are all over the place!!! there a re constantly new people on theis forum and not a lot of the newbies know what the deal is!!!!!!!!

Get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.