Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Curious

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
whats wrong with the VX?

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Not a thing is wrong with my vx sounds stupid to sell it i know, but i wanted to buy a vr or something that age cause im looking at getting a duel cab need one living out this way. Just cant afford two newish cars

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Hi all,

Just curious I am looking at buying a VR Acclaim "93" with 135000kms on it of a mate of mine, Car is in excellent condition almost better then my VX. He has just spent 1500 buck on the engine and other bits and pieces to the car. What i want to know is $7500 too much for such a car with sports exhaust, vy s pac mags and K&N airfilter?

Thanks for you opinion

$7500 is way way way way too much. I'm looking at selling mine soon. I have a Holden VR Acclaim 93 model ABS/IRS, fully rebuilt motor with stage 3 crow cams kit, port & polished heads, 3.91 LSD, Fully built stage 2 shift kitted auto, 2 1/2 inch exhaust hi flow cat, CAI + K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors, 2700 rpm stall, 18 inch VX GTS rims, Does mid 14's at 95mph in the 1/4 all day everyday and I will probably only ask for $6500 ono. Its a rip off if you ask me.

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Dont get me wrong your car does sound very tempting. But Im sure that this vr im looking at is in better condition then yours and has not been flogged where as yours has as you just told us. No offence given or taken. Like what has been said it mainly is personal opinion but i just wanted some thoughts thats all.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah sorry QIK51X as good as your car sounds, I have no doubt that it has been thrashed. The only reason you put a shift kit in is to drive it hard.......and you also mentioned some quarter mile times. Not having a go at you - because I know how I would drive such a car!! :yeah:

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Yeah sorry QIK51X as good as your car sounds, I have no doubt that it has been thrashed. The only reason you put a shift kit in is to drive it hard.......and you also mentioned some quarter mile times. Not having a go at you - because I know how I would drive such a car!! :yeah:

No offence taken. But when buying a car as old as a VR, with everything still kept stock, in my opinion it is more likely to fail/break something, than a car which has been driven hard but it has fully built motor like mine, 12 Months old(full reconditioned, ACL Pistons, copper head gasket, new valve springs, new cam) fully built gearbox, 9 months old (new clutches, kevlar bands, upped oil pressure, new valve body, stage 2 shift kit) has been dyno tuned, new diff, new tailshaft, new steering rack. etc

I have a close friend who purchased a VR Series II the same week I purchased my VR Series I. Now we both drive our cars hard. In the 2 years we have had it, the problems I have had with my car has been I blew a head gasket 1 year into it still stock. When the engine builder told me if I want to do something to the motor once he was repairing the head gasket I told him I have $3000 to spend, thats why I modified it with the above things. 3 months after building the motor the gearbox had enough and needed to be rebuilt so I rebuilt the box with the above mods to handle the power of the motor. That is the only problems I have had with it.

Now my friend who bought the VR Series II has kept it stock, and in the 2 years he has had to rebuild his gearbox twice at $1200 each time, and just recently blew his motor and is costing him $1500 to build it to stock spec.
His car has left him on the side of the road at least 10 times over 2 years with all kinds of problems, and it is always me going to help him in my car when he is stranded.

I know my car and what I have done to it. It is a very reliable car. Have all the receipts, still have 3 months warranty left on the box, Haven't had a problem since I built the motor and gearbox none at all.

Come take it for a drive and see if you don't buy it off me for $6500. It does mid 14's at 95mph plus. It's only a V6 Normally Aspirated good for P platers, has beaten WRX, SS, XR6 Turbos, 200SX's etc. I have been offered $8000 off a mate who has a VN SS V8 who I chopped at the drags I ran a 14.5@95mph he ran a 15.3@91mph. but he lost his licence last week.

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
if it such a good car qik51x.. y u sellin it..

It's a good car. I just need to fit a larger transmission cooler and I am putting it in the trading post for $7000. Whoever buys it off me will be extremely happy and will realise how strong the driveline and motor is.

I am selling it because I have just purchased the car I always wanted a 2004 Subaru WRX STI. Completely stock for $34000. Once I get it next Tuesday, It goes into Tony Rigoli Performance for a EJ20 2.6 Motor with a GT35R A/R 1.07 and other goodies. Going for 10's on street tires. So far I've been quoted for engine mods alone $8000. I'll need another $6000 for a dogbox 5-speed and maybe another $4000 for other things like tuning, Brakes, Suspension mods.
I had a target of $50,000 I should just scrape in. Am going for 500hp at the wheels without the nos and 600hp at the wheels with the nos. I'll keep you guys updated on that, but I will miss my VR, the memories of beating VN SS's With a normally aspirated V6 is awesome memories. Trust me i'm selling it dirt cheap. If anyone is interested PM me. You can come and take it for a drive, and you will see what condition it is in.