Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Curious

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi all,

Just curious I am looking at buying a VR Acclaim "93" with 135000kms on it of a mate of mine, Car is in excellent condition almost better then my VX. He has just spent 1500 buck on the engine and other bits and pieces to the car. What i want to know is $7500 too much for such a car with sports exhaust, vy s pac mags and K&N airfilter?

Thanks for you opinion

dazastah

No Chaser
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
do u know exactly what he spent the money on? for 7 and half id be lookin at a v8 mate, but hey its personal choice...

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
sounds too much 2 me

yeah for a 93 model it seems a bit expensive. I'd be looking at something a few years newer for 7500

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
He spent it on reconditioning the power steering system, all new rubbers under it, new harmanic balancer, re conditioned the gearbox, just fully serviced it and 8 months rego left. Car also has tinted windows, Lastest Kenwood CD/MP3 player, after market speakers, not too sure what sort but sounds great. It has a straight through muffler with 2 1/2 inch pipe sounds sweet, The K&N panel filter brand new, Car is that Blackish-greyish colour and very straight with no dents or scratches. Plus I know it has been very well looked after. $7500 sounds a bit much but after all we do live in Central west QLD.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
id say thats a bit expensive. ive seen vt's for cheaper but its sounds like its in good condition

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
It's alot... but considering it *sounds* to be in good condition... and you obviously like the car... considering the location it may be not too far off the mark but always try for less..