Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just debadged rear, thoughts?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Cheers mate, the pipes are good. it doesnt sound any different which is what i wanted.

Did you find the Holden badge to leave more residue than the others? I used a eucalypt type badge/sticker removing spray which cleaned all the others off fine but the Holden badge has seemed to be more tricky. its come completely off, but there is still a faint outline of the badge present. I think i might need to get some cut and polish to clean it off completely.

The car is only 2 years old so I couldnt imagine the paint to be that bad yet.

Maybe just use a light polish , avoid the cut and polish first.

I took mine off when the car was new. I used fishing line and just rolled up the residue with my finger, all came straight off.

I apologise for the dribble I some how invoked in post 16. I thought we were talking about badges.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
Cheers. Pic is posted in my rides section of the rear. I have no problem with what it is. I think that seems to be a misconception. I love the car. I love that it's a Holden. I love it's a sv6. I just didn't necessarily like the badges plastered all over it

I do agree with the harsh comment tho. I asked for opinions. Not, you will just another p plate wanker in other words. Which I'm not. I'm a late 20s guy with a young family. So thanks for the generalisation and relating me to everyone else with a base model commodore. Perhaps considering the wording in your opinion next time will result in less aggression from other posters. I didn't take it personally. It's the internet. If I did, id cry myself to sleep every night

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride

I took mine off when the car was new. I used fishing line and just rolled up the residue with my finger, all came straight off.

I apologise for the dribble I some how invoked in post 16. I thought we were talking about badges.

Yer I'll have a look at supersh*t next time I'm down there and see what they have, Jr offered a good option

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Yer I'll have a look at supersh*t next time I'm down there and see what they have

That's where I got the Scratch X from ;) (after recommendations off JC, specifically to do with removing badges)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Apology accepted, CH.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Looks great ,nice and clean. whats best way to debadge ?

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks great ,nice and clean. whats best way to debadge ?

There's a thread in the how to section using prepwash. I went to do this method but when I got to the shop the dude recommended the brand Rust-oleum Decal and Adhesive remover

Just sprayed it on. Let it seep into the sticky stuff. Fishing line behind the badges and then just a bit of elbow grease and the product to get remaining residue off. All badges came off fine apart from the Holden badge which has left a faint outline. Jr_ recommended the McGuire's scratch stuff so I'm going to give that a go, it says it's for removing blemishes/faint scratching from paint

I think the idea of the stuff I used is it won't be that harmful to paint surfaces due to the fact it smells like it's a large percentage eucalyptus concentration. You may not have to reapply polish because of this. Probably still a good idea anyway. I've got to do my whole car as it's covered in swirl marks so I wasn't too worried at the present

Here's a picture of rear for those who didn't see final
10689968_10152565923588052_6755595793744130464_n.jpg

Hope that helps

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I prefer to have the holden and SSV badge but i would like to get rid of the AFM badge on my car.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
debadge

Looks nice and clean. going to do this today. im with you pirate, no chev badges ! going to replace old holden badge with the hsv one.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 134