Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just debadged rear, thoughts?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
So fitting a HSV badge is OK, but a Chev badge isnt?? :hmmm:

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Not good, what most kids do to their budget models around Redcliffe, then lower it and tack a set of quad tips. Seeing you have done the tips already the fact you are hiding it is a V6 is less obvious when you don't have a V6 badge, but poor form.
That silver wagon looks crap, cheap, non-descript. Holden badge should definitely stay, removing it is only a whisker away from the cringe of a chev badge.

A bit harsh, but OK you're entitled to your opinion. In the same tone, here goes... You shouldn't be talking about what is and isn't cringe worthy with regards to badges... Changing to quad tips isn't "hiding that it's a V6", it's changing it to tips that fill the exhaust exit cut outs on the rear bumper better.

And debadging is far far better that putting badges on it from something it's not! Like HSV badges for example. How does something without a badge look crap and cheap? It looks clean and subtle. Compared to garish crap people stick on the backs of their cars that really make them look crap and cheap.

E.g.:
Capture.JPG

This looks FAR FAR better...

10562950_10152565619963052_4750182894092467914_n.jpg

Looks nice and clean. going to do this today. im with you pirate, no chev badges ! going to replace old holden badge with the hsv one.

NO!!!! That'll just scream "wanker!"

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Its still a holden badge ! Im guessing you might be a baseball backwards cap wearing low pants show your jocks wannabe yankee ? lmfao.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
and fyi i dont call chevy badge commy owners " wankers" its your car , do what you want. just saying my personal preferance .

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
A bit harsh, but OK you're entitled to your opinion. In the same tone, here goes... debadging is far far better that putting badges on it from something it's not! Like HSV badges for example. How does something without a badge look crap and cheap? It looks clean and subtle. Compared to garish crap people stick on the backs of their cars that really make them look crap and cheap.

E.g.:
View attachment 175441

OMG! That looks fantastic, hard to tell its not an HSV!
Raj do you think my bum looks big in that shot?

I'm changing the badging again this week, replacing Special Vehicle flag and Black Flag with this, about where AFM badge was:

l_1422b1f1%20vvt-i%20vvti%2095mm%203.7%20inch%20red%203d%20chrome%20car%20badge%20decal%20emblem%20trunk%20side%20logo%20insignia%20replacement%20auto%20adhesive%20sticker%20abs%201%20piece%20(5).jpg

And the Series II badges up front flanks with this:

1271379d1407346413t-happy-birthday-dad-all-us-your-maruti-swift-zxi-20140806_171938.jpg

Last edited:

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
OMG! That looks fantastic, hard to tell its not an HSV! Thanks for sharing.

PS Do you think my bum looks big in that shot?

Struggled to even see what it was under all that badge work, Keep it clean OP nothing better than smoothness.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
OMG! That looks fantastic, hard to tell its not an HSV!

So let me get this straight, you want your car to look like a HSV? That's precisely the WANK factor I'm referring to!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
370 what does that even mean.

Pulling badges off to clean up is cool. But adding WELL>. The general consensus seems to be , no badges on the car that dont belong. Like HSV on a SS. Etc

175441d1413758223t-just-debadged-rear-thoughts-capture.jpg

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
First. Lets keep the thread on topic here. Its about debadging. If you want to raise an argument from another thread - take it to that thread or better yet PM each other so I dont have to read your petty squabbles.

Second. I think the debadged look, looks cleaner. But I think - especially on wagons it needs something to break it up. Im contemplating doing mine. But perhaps just leaving the SSV badge. In particular the VF SSV badges with the red V just to give it a bit of pop on a black car.

I also wanna scrap the AFM badges on the guards and throw maybe some 6.0L V8 ones there.

Pirate I think those VVT badges look fugly. They belong on a Camry or Civic. They look very bland and boring.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
I think leaving the ssv on yours grennan would look good. I just didn't want anything on it at all. It doesnt sound like a v8 so it's not fooling anyone haha