Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Don't Get Caught

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Coz racecar !

I went to school with a guy that got caught driving his primer grey 351 XB whilst sitting on a milk crate.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Workshop stool? That’s a dirt bike stand lol.

I doubt they were doing any serious driving. Didn’t say they were speeding or smoking them up. Probably just a test drive around the block I’d say. May have even been driving it out onto the street to put it onto a trailer for all we know.

Looks like a classic case of wrong place at the wrong time. Don’t think it’s worthy of the news and means that car enthusiasts are under scrutiny once again...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Looks like a classic case of wrong place at the wrong time. .

Many, many moons ago, I was driving home after work at about 1am, and got pulled over by RBT. The cops were very interested in my Kingswood which had no interior except for the drivers seat and belt. Even after explaining that the interior had been removed for re-upholstering and new carpets, I got a million aggressive questions about my movements, torch in around all the holes, rego check, licence check etc, and advised sternly to be on my way.
Slow night, and a display of 'authority'.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a 67 Capri and the seats weren't even bolted in. When the police pulled me over a few weeks after buying the car he didn't even inspect it. Instead he grabbed his book and started writing down stuff; the list was over 10 defects long and a yellow canary on the screen with me not allowed to move the car. It was a trailer job, because of dodgy brakes... If only I was 46 and not 17, I might have been smart enough to fix the defects before I actually drove it, which would have prevented me from nearly rear ending the paddy wagon after he was going over the scene of an earlier accident....

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Seen & done a lot worse than that back in the day....

Doubt it have been driven far no seat no numberplates

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There was one in Adelaide a few years back, where the driver was using vice grips as the steering wheel....Made the paper and news service, so he got his few minutes of fame

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I heard about that one

H

harrop.senator

Had a mate take the just placed steering wheel off his car that was being snatched by a car in front. Traded wheel for the vice grips on passengers seat to throw the the steering wheel through the window of an Asian guy next to him as they were wording abuse as the bloke tried to cut the car being towed off at a merge point lol.