Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Dyno Tuned my Alloytec 170

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi All,

A while ago I had Liquid LPG system installed. Car was stock aside from the MCAI mod with shroud and K&N. In power terms the results were quite good. Power went from 171hp to 186hp with the addition of the gas system and no tune.

Since then I had pacemakers fitted as well as high flow cats and a 2nd hand Gen3 stocky catback (twin 2 1/14). I didn't get a before tune figure when the tune was done but I assumed that the exhaust would have picked up about 10hp, potentially bringing my power to 195hp.

Got the dyno tune done and ended up with 198hp. I was expecting at least 220hp considering the claimed tuning benefits of LPG being 106+ octane. On paper torque improved a little and the car does feel better from standstill, even gets wheelspin. I will report on economy later.

APS have done all the work (Gas system and Tune) and they suggested that the gen 3 exhaust could be holding it back and may have a collapsed baffle. They are going to quote me on a Di Filipo. Any thoughts?

Thanks Mat

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
not bad power mate.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hmm interesting indeed,

so as you said spinning wheels off the lights, is that just a single pegger 3.08 diff on gas with foot flat to the floor going straight, thats pretty good for one of those if it does it consistantly

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hmm interesting indeed,

so as you said spinning wheels off the lights, is that just a single pegger 3.08 diff on gas with foot flat to the floor going straight, thats pretty good for one of those if it does it consistantly

Yeah totally stock. I agree I was pretty impressed. On petrol before the tune I would be lucky to get a chirp from the wheels. Now the wheels light up from standstill in a straight line consistently. However this seems to be the only sweet spot. Up top doesn't feel a heap better and wasn't on paper.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. Will spending more money on an exhaust get this for me? (They offered to tweak the tune for free if I upgraded).

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Can anyone provide any info on an exhaust they have fitted that has PROVEN to create more power ie dyno proven?

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yeah I've heard a lot about CHE. Do they stock their own brand?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
che do a twin 2 1/4 that merges into 2.5inch that they have found gives the best gains without an torque loss dale is on here pm him.