Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Dyno'ed my SS but just doesn't seem right.

T

TDK14U

Just Dyno'ed my SS VZ but just doesn't seem right.

I recently bought a new 2006 SS Thunder Ute. It has the 6.0lt engine, Auto.

I had it fitted with a SSI CAI, Extractors and Remus exhaust. Yesterday I also had a 3.73 diff installed as well as having the computer retuned. My HP was 281.7 at the wheels.

Does this sound right? The reason I asked was that someone else had posted that they got 302hparw on their stock SS Thunder Ute ( http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=34595&highlight=dyno ). I can't work out if they are wrong or if my car is not producing what it should.

I have attached my Dyno sheet.

Attachments

• SS UTE DYNO.jpg
    SS UTE DYNO.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 698

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i'd be interested to see what the other cars torque was, also you have to remember there are variations in elevation and different dynos give different readings, where they both done in the same gear ?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
That works out to be about 210rwkw.....

Cheers
MaT

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
My VZ 5.7 manual was 280rwhp bog stock and 300rwhp with tune only.

T

TDK14U

Sammy said:
you have to remember there are variations in elevation and different dynos give different readings

I realise that, however if both cars were stock and there was a difference of 15-25hp then i would understand. However the other car has no mods, and mine has been quite heavily modified and i'm getting 25hp less.

Does anyone know what the actuall stock hp and kw of the 6.0lt engine is?

T

TDK14U

BLACKVZSV8 said:
My VZ 5.7 manual was 280rwhp bog stock and 300rwhp with tune only.

So really with all my mods i should be getting more than 300rwhp?

Where can i get a Dyno run done just to see if my current numbers are right. I don't want to go to the same place.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Yeah sounds like a dodgy dyno readout Id try another dyno.

Have you had your car tuned because that will make more difference than exhaust and intake.

Edit just saw u said its been tuned, yeh u should be around the 340-350rwhp mark

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Hmm Sam's really experienced with the Gen3's/Gen4's so I don't doubt the tune, but for the mods you have should be at least 300-320 easy. Keep in mind the auto does suffer greater drivetrain loss than a manual, 30% I believe but someone correct me If I'm wrong, and 280rwhp Stock must be a freak of a motor or a very happy dyno. The 6.0L stock is 260kW & 510Nm FYI