Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just filled up petrol and gauge indicator is pointing to 3/4 full??

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
i just topped up my tank and it says i only have 3/4 of a tank. first times its happened... this happened to anyone?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Well, did you put in enough? Sometimes the triggers at the bowser go off prematurely! They need to get some of that stuff from AMI.

If it happens again next time i'd say its your fuel sender guage!

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
yeh nah it wasnt kos of that. kos i was running pretty low and put in over 60ltrs..

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I had a similar problem once, it took over an hour for my VY SS's petrol gauge to climb from empty to full (climbed very very slowly). Hasn't happened since. Drive a bit and see if it climbs.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I had a similar problem once, it took over an hour for my VY SS's petrol gauge to climb from empty to full (climbed very very slowly). Hasn't happened since. Drive a bit and see if it climbs.

My SS did the same thing when i filled up one night on the way home from work was alright next morning..

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
I had a similar problem with my VY II S. I filled up a full tank, drove away, noticed 15 - 20 minutes later that the gauge was only showing that the tank was 3/4 full. It took another 40 minutes of driving before the gauge showed the real amount. After filling up the next time, the problem seemed to vanish.
This looks like it's a common problem. Do a search and you'll find a couple of threads on this issue.

But, run your current tank out (not to absolute nil obviously), and see how the next tank goes.

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
I think there was a recall early on with the yv concerning the fuel gauge only going to 3/4,mine did it as well I took it a holden dealer and they recalibrated it and has been fine ever since