Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just fitted MCAI to my SS Thunder Ute

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
When I bought my SS Thunder I was amazed at the air induction it came with. It was even more restrictive than the VT/VX LS1 style as it has only got the pipe that goes under the radiator cover and no second hole:( . I went and bought a MCAI to see if it fits, if it didn't I only waste $9.45. Well it does, kind of fit. I had to modify it to go around the coolant dipstick tube. Also the air box is on a different angle so the 90mm holes don't line up, a piece of 90mm flexible tube will fix that.

Verdict;
Obviously as I don't have my own Dyno I can't substantiate claims of a power increase, however, it did make a difference, quite a good difference too. The car had a slight hesitation low in the rev range that was almost like a carb flooding...fixed. It accelerates more aggressively and the power feels more linear.

Aurally it is a lot less ghey.

Edit: I also did the second hole mod so THAT hole lines up LOL.

The car is stock except for some badge engineering and SSLows. Overall the driving experience is :driving:

Pete

bodella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder M6
Good stuff,

l have been looking into CAI setup in my Thunder ute. Not too sure witch path to go down at this stage. Can you post some pics of your setup?

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
bodella said:
Good stuff,

l have been looking into CAI setup in my Thunder ute. Not too sure witch path to go down at this stage. Can you post some pics of your setup?
It looks stock