Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got HSV headers

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Ok here is the definitive answer to every one question as to the difference between HSV headers,I’m not comp savy,I have fotos but don’t know how to post,ideas?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Just out of curiosity - what difference, if any, is there in the sound of the 340kw and any other HSV tri Y header??

Because there’s a sh*t load of clubsport and GTS heads and cats on eBay and gumtree just no 340kw ones

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV headers,they sound better than std logs but not as good as 4 into 1s,I had HSV headers,std cats,GTS mid section and bimodal cans,sound was loud and good I’d say very youthful,I then went 4 into 1,it sounds a lot better deeper I’d say mature.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
HSV headers,they sound better than std logs but not as good as 4 into 1s,I had HSV headers,std cats,GTS mid section and bimodal cans,sound was loud and good I’d say very youthful,I then went 4 into 1,it sounds a lot better deeper I’d say mature.
Seems to be the difference between difillipo 3 inch and all other as well. Maybe it's all in the header design.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@LS1SS what 4 into 1s do you have now??
Have you got any sound clips/videos

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
I fitted Hurricane 4 into 1 with Manta 2 1/2 medium noise exhaust,very happy with fit and like the sound a lot more over the afore mentioned HSV set up I had before,the Hurricane headers fit real well compared to another brand,they redesigned them for VFs to clear the extra wiring around the starter motor,the one thing I did do was sand blast the headers to get the awful blue paint off then sprayed my own heat proof paint on,I don’t have a sound clip as it is very subjective to sound devise and what is used to play the sound.

HB.SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Hi guys just looking for some advice. Im about to pick up hsv 340 headers and cats in a few days. When i pick them up how do i identify that they are actually the right headers other than just taking the the guys word? Any part number or anything?

Also would i need the centre/mid section to go with it? If so do i need one from an r8 340 or can i use one from a gts etc?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
No part number on headers,have a look at previous posts and pictures of headers to ease your stress,they will bolt up to your std exhaust,HSV mid sections are great as they are 2 1/2 inch all the way thru and generally only have two hot dogs with a crossover in front,if you buy a mid section make sure it has cone/flared front with ball type rear,inspect yours closely before you buy as earlier HSVs use flanged ends.