Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just got me a vl .. Wanting some tips on beefing it up.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
i already own a house lol i just like the looks of the older cars... I have money but the reason i have all the things i do is coz im tight as... And if its possible for me to do it for free or cheaply as possible i will! =p (excluding my house.. My 2 kids live here so i aint having it fall down in a hurry =):lock:

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
weird im shoving 10.5 psi in mine and not being easy on her and my diff is ok hahah SO FAR that is... Being an N/a Diff and trans Lol

Do the turbo conversion to a Standard VLT setup. U cant go wrong.

As for the Brake conversion have a look in my thread below. i did the conversion. to Disk

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Ok I'll tell you and so will nakerz and detox there's never the option of cheap and fast lol.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
Ok I'll tell you and so will nakerz and detox there's never the option of cheap and fast lol.

Ha ha i no that but there are cheeper options can someone link me to a thread that explanes the steps and what i need for the t3/4 turbo conversion as i cant browse the forums i now know where everything goes but would just like to understand it a bit better. Also just for some theory the rb26/30 conversion. Yea the diff shocked the hell outta me... Car has had one owner before me since new and full service history has just hit 200k on the clock ... Oh well what can ya do lol at least its not ma old bmw ha ha that might cost a bit being a 89 m3 =p (was handed down to me before anyone says anything lol) diff is off now ima open it up in the morning.. Need some sleep =) night all

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
[REDHOT];1761866 said:
Even if you are going to go down the turbo road, you'd still want to have extractors & 2 1/2" exhaust. Cold air intake.
Maybe change the diff gears & make it LSD, 3:7 or 3:9 Personal choice really. Manual conversions are good if it's not already.

Then the rest of it's really how much money you want to put into it etc. you might want to put an rb25/26 head on. Hell, you might even want to build a bullet-proof engine and shove 30psi into it. But like i said it all comes down to how much money you are going to put into it. If you're just looking for a bit of extra power without much spending too much money I would say go with the first part of this post.

DONT LISTEN TO THIS TOOL LOL.......

If your going down the turbo road you will change the exhaust manifold.......So you disregard the extractors... You would want to put a 3 inch exhaust on with a turbo setup to get all those gases out as quickly as possible...Dont ### around with a 2 and 1/2 inch setup....

Cold air intake???? Just put on a front mount cooler and have an airbox, otherwise if your in vic you cant have both!

Through in a manual......And put in a VL turbo 28 spline LSD diff.....or you can go all out with a 9"

Dont even bother with the 25 or 26 head unless you want to spend more then $15g's on just an engine build......Thats not including Trans, Diff, Fuel system etc...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You have 3 choices - snail, 5 litre or LSX. If you insist on this VL bullshit then LSX is the only way to go that will restore any dignity. :)

Reaper

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
fit one of these:
flux-capacitor.jpg

just dont go any faster than 88 miles an hour.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
starting to seriously consider ls1 conversion then charge it ... Dunno got a vl lsd dif donated to me so gonna get it cleaned and strengthened

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6