Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just got me a vl .. Wanting some tips on beefing it up.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
hey all just got me a 1986 vl sl gold in colour kinda dont no the first thing about the rb30e's any tips on squeezing out some extra kw? Plus whats the law on cataylic converters on them as i dont have one... Will put up a vid soon

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
U need a Cat man to make it legal,,,

As for more power out of and NA do a search on this forum it has been covered so many times... Basically once a week and all we do is go round and round

Goodluck.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
U need a Cat man to make it legal,,,

As for more power out of and NA do a search on this forum it has been covered so many times... Basically once a week and all we do is go round and round

Goodluck.

Hey man i figured that but i cant search the forums on my phone lol . And i want to do the turbo conversion but i no nothing about turbos lol

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
also i have an issue with my headlights high beam works but no low beams.. When i first got it nothing worked but i re wired everything back to stock now everything but low beams. ? Any ideas?

ChoCo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac L67
Fuse? Globes? Switch?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Is it a daily driver?
If not, find some shed space and start pulling it apart. Replace EVERYTHING that is worn or broken. On a VL thats 90% of things you'll touch :D.
Give it a good service, a set of extractors and maybe a 2-2.25" exhaust.

B1OHZRD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
go on calais turbo lol. But yeah turbo or engine conversion. Unless you have a pile of gold the rb30 is useless in NA form

Not true, when your mount the twin cam head off an r33 skyline, you can still keep the standard gasket, the the engine becomes a real N/A monster! If you set it up properly (basically, if you have enough time and money) the bottom end can rev to 11000, kind of like the TRD 4age, only bigger :) (the TRD 4age makes 184kw, while being N/A and it's a 1.6L)

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
why would you spend tens of thousands to make a n/a go hard.

its simple they dont they are usless.turbo it or do a newer conversion 6ltr with cam and springs etc and see 350+rwkw