Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got my VCM tune done at CHE

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Well i got there at 8.30am and was out the door by 10.30am. It could take a little longer depending on how busy they are i guess.

After driving the car a little more in Active select mode i am even more impressed!!, it is revving out quicker right though the range and when i launch it off from a standing start it squats down spins both wheels for a moment off she goes. Sooo much more torque down low :p Now i just have to stop having fun and see how fuel consumption is affected as the car was sitting at about 13.5:1 stock though Dale richened it up to 13:1 right across the rev range under full acceleration. Im guessing he leaned it out under light throttle loads???

The tune you got, did that include disabling torque management?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
The tune you got, did that include disabling torque management?

usually yes they do, this is where probably half the gain comes from

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'd say torque management is mostly gone if he's noticing lots more low end torque. don't stress about your power figure mate. i saw an sv6 with full exhaust pacies hi flow cats and catback with a growler intake only make 196rwhp once dale had finished tuning it. then there is lucky ones like me that make 197rwhp on dales dyno but i have a ve and they just seem to be alot more consistant with the power. though the down side of a ve is i can't get it tuned cause vcm wont update the bloody software.......

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Yep torque management is gooone. The engine can rev to redline in neutral and the car is able to do:driving:

Anyway i just got back from a 100km round trip on the M4 and averaged 8.9l/100km including stop start traffic from my house to the M4 and some traffic in emuplains. Im guessing if i reset the trip meter on the highway it would have got down to very low 8's or even high 7's :yeah:

Yeah Dale did say the Alloytecs were very Hit and Miss and that plenty have gotten even lower power then mine. The main thing is the gains were exactly as claimed!!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
what other mods you got mate?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stock as a rock. Even a Standard air filter. Not planning on an exhaust as im kind of over loud exhausts as ive had them all my life. Im still interested if Dale played around with the cruising settings like the half throttle and 1/4 throttle fuel mixtures/ timing ect. I will have to give him a ring on Monday and find out.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok here is the before and after. As you can see i gained over 40hp in parts of the midrange. Im assuming 13:1 is a good Air/Fuel ratio?

Paul_SV6_dyno_Chart.jpg

HUMBLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
looks good!anyone with results from the 175?:p

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats actually a great result mate. get some pacemaker extractors and put a k&n in the airbox and it will make 200rwhp and wont be any louder.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
it would be about the same overall gain just a lower start and finish figure.

looks good!anyone with results from the 175?:p