Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got my VCM tune done at CHE

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
it would be about the same overall gain just a lower start and finish figure.

Well my car was actually putting out the same power as a healthy 175 motor so the results i got would be the same as a 175kw motor putting out its claimed power. If my car was putting out 190rwhp stock like it should i would have ended up at closer to 210rwhp. Stupid underpowered lemon lol.

Yeah i may get some pacemakers in the near future and will definitely get a k&n filter tomorrow. My cousin just took the car for a spin while i was sitting in the passo and it had me firmly planted in the seat from 60km to 140 on a private road. Im more happy with it the more i drive it!!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
thats good mate another worth while mod for the autos is 3.45 ratio diff.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats good mate another worth while mod for the autos is 3.45 ratio diff.

Don't tempt me lol. This car was meant to stay standard to stop me from losing my license again. Im at that age (28) where im starting to grow up and realize that cars are not all about speeding around that comfort and build quality are starting to grow as my priority's. I think the K&N and perhaps some extractors if Castle hill exhaust tell me its worth the money for the gain will be as far as i will go. I want to keep the diff ratio standard for fuel economy.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
no worries mate dave and dale will look after you.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
no worries mate dave and dale will look after you.

haha all good i can just see myself going all out and ending up with a raptor charger kit if i don't keep a lid on the mods. Cant deal with the :cops: anymore

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know if the cruise maps are changed when CHE do the VCM tune or do they only tune the WOT map?

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
If you get an SS inductions cold air box, Mace manifold insulator, Pacemaker extractors and an exhaust (i definitely recomend CHE's redback system) you'll be looking at 225 rwhp. Thats what mine has (plus its a manual with 3.08 diff ratio's instead of the stupid factory 2.8) and thats the power Dale extracted out of mine, and that was only a short time after they released the tune package, so if he's fine tuned it since then i would not be surprised if you get more! If anyone can get the Alloytec to its potential its the boys at CHE!

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
How torana355 has described the difference is exactly how I experienced the different in mine.
The way i feel about it is that it basically keeps the characteristics of the power delivery of the alloytec but it enhances it.
I also find fuel usage dropped a little on long distance drives, round about .2 - .4 of a litre.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Does anyone know if the cruise maps are changed when CHE do the VCM tune or do they only tune the WOT map?

when you change the transmission parameters it has two adjustable shift modes as such,
pattern: A is performance button which the shift profile is chosen as performance, pattern: B is chosen as cruise map, you can change this to a few different ones like performance, towing etc,

if you change it from cruise to performance yes the pwr light is illuminated in the dash