Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got my VCM tune done at CHE

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Well i just got my tune done today and was very happy with the work that Dale did. I was a little unhappy that my SV6 only managed 167rwhp standard but with a end result of 192rwhp i was very happy with the gains. 25hp gain!!

On the road the biggest difference is the off the line torque that is now available, only a fraction of throttle and it pulls hard off the line. The 0-100 time seems very similar but the changes are alot more aggressive like a shift kit has been put in (5 speed auto). Up high it does rev a little bit quicker but nothing major, the midrange though is very good now. Over all it makes for a good cruiser with a little more poke off the line. Will report back after i do a fuel consumption comparison.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Well i just got my tune done today and was very happy with the work that Dale did. I was a little unhappy that my SV6 only managed 167rwhp standard but with a end result of 192rwhp i was very happy with the gains. 25hp gain!!

On the road the biggest difference is the off the line torque that is now available, only a fraction of throttle and it pulls hard off the line. The 0-100 time seems very similar but the changes are alot more aggressive like a shift kit has been put in (5 speed auto). Up high it does rev a little bit quicker but nothing major, the midrange though is very good now. Over all it makes for a good cruiser with a little more poke off the line. Will report back after i do a fuel consumption comparison.

glad you like it, ive got vcm suite myself, its a very good program to use, im currently making a tune for my car and a vx ls1, just on my car, the improvements are huge, last night i finished off transmission and have started on engine, im lov'in it

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah im happy with the gains but i think i need to get a compression test done as 167rwhp standard is quite low as it should be about 190.... Though Dale did say the alloytec's are hit and miss and he has seen plenty of sv6's only pull 150rwhp stock.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr

whats this sort of tune worth? im keen to get one done also

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
$880 includes before and after dyno printouts. Well worth the money if you want down low driveablity and better fuel consumption. Just don't expect it to turn into a v8 lol.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
$880 includes before and after dyno printouts. Well worth the money if you want down low driveablity and better fuel consumption. Just don't expect it to turn into a v8 lol.
lol yeah man i know i was gonna get a tune before but decided to get a zorst and extractors for the same price but now i want a tune for better performance lol, thanxs for the info man

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yeah im happy with the gains but i think i need to get a compression test done as 167rwhp standard is quite low as it should be about 190.... Though Dale did say the alloytec's are hit and miss and he has seen plenty of sv6's only pull 150rwhp stock.

that sounds about right, remember the 190 is at the flywheel, not the wheels as it was tested

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i know but RWHP is usually the equivalent to FWKW. This means if the engine puts out 190kw at the flywheel it should have 190rwhp.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
I'll be interested in this as i just work around the corner from CHE & $880 isnt to bad.

How long does it take?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i got there at 8.30am and was out the door by 10.30am. It could take a little longer depending on how busy they are i guess.

After driving the car a little more in Active select mode i am even more impressed!!, it is revving out quicker right though the range and when i launch it off from a standing start it squats down spins both wheels for a moment off she goes. Sooo much more torque down low :p Now i just have to stop having fun and see how fuel consumption is affected as the car was sitting at about 13.5:1 stock though Dale richened it up to 13:1 right across the rev range under full acceleration. Im guessing he leaned it out under light throttle loads???