Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got my vz sv6

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
Hey guys,

I am on my P Plates i have a Vz sv6, I want to make it even more insane that it already is. I am going up to 20' rims on it. Any suggestions on other things to do to it, Exhaust etc..

qaiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6/Lumina S
Well I started with a VCM Suite Tune, improved it all around. It finally launched properley, and can give other cars a run for their money.

Still haven't gotten around to the exhaust, mainly because ive ordered a CSV8/ Holden R8 :D.

But first id go with the Tune, improved my fuel economy as well.

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
depends on the state ur in and what lvl pplates as in qld if u are on the pplate rules u can drive a sv6 but u cant mod an sv6 as once u pop the car over that 200kw at fly mark it becomes illegal for u to drive,

so CAI, exhaust and tune will make u have like 240kw ATM and if the cops wanna get ya its not just a fine as they then have to prove it which is costly,

but yeah welcome to the sv6 clan u will love it, and yeah 20s, two hole mod, and change the rear muffler wont make u to obvious to be cracking the 200kw mark(QLD only)

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
^^^^X2

Plus having 20" rims is going to give the cops another excuse to pull u up! Biggest mate, just go 19".
Just giving u the facts:thumbsup:

Andrewzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah mate I'm getting new rims in the next few weeks and looking at either 18"'s or 19"s; Don't give the cops a reason to defect you.

And as for the performance mods I haven't touched mine, I figure as soon as I do something i'll get pulled over and screwed over.

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Cant be defected for 20's if you do it right and get correct tyres etc.. depending on state of course..

But 20's will make them look at you, by the sounds of it you want power and if you intend on using that power then you are only goin to attract attention anyways...

I have had my 20's for 6 months havent been pulled over once. its not ridiculously low, its now loud and I dont drive like a d!ckhead.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
so CAI, exhaust and tune will make u have like 240kw ATM and if the cops wanna get ya its not just a fine as they then have to prove it which is costly,

240kw?

More like 210kw. 220kw being the max but still unlikely.

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
still would be noticable to a cop who has little motor knowledge, most people know CAI and cat back will add 10kw at motor pending on the car and u add extractors will give u atleast 15kw at motor,

but in qld i know that if the cops want to proove u have more then legal power they will take ur car to a mechanic take the motor out and dyno the motor and if ur car has over the power regulations u will have to pay the fine and then also pay the mechincs bill on top of that

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
but in qld i know that if the cops want to proove u have more then legal power they will take ur car to a mechanic take the motor out and dyno the motor and if ur car has over the power regulations u will have to pay the fine and then also pay the mechincs bill on top of that

hmmmmmmmmmmmm im not from Queensland, but this sounds like bullcrap. if they think you have to much power they defect you, then you have to prove you don't. none of this guessing **** that could cost tax payers $600 every time the cops are wrong.

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
ether way it involves getting the motor dyno AT THE FLYWHEEL, havent actually had anyone had it done, as alot of the p platers up here still want there silvias and skylines or have cars with less than 177kw from standard