Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Installed 11.6 Android Unit into the VF - Where is the Stock mic?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hey all,

So thanks to everyone who commented in my thread when I was considering what head unit to install.

I went with an 11.6" Joying head unit after seeing how hard the company is working on its customer relations online. Indeed they were great communicators every step of the way.

I had to get an Aeropro VF holden kit of course to adapt the HVAC, rear camera, and other bits and pieces.

View attachment 230634

I think it fits pretty nicely honestly - the aircon vents can still fully reach the driver and passenger, and no controls are blocked. And looks quite handsome in the car -modernising the interior - after all many brand new Euro offerings use floating screens these days. I haven't fully put the dash area back together since I still have to hook up the sub-woofer and a few other things.

And considering how much cheaper it is than the Alpine etc. units - while being bigger, more powerful, more feature rich - I'm chuffed.

One big question I have is - I'd like to use the car's OEM mic which is used for mobile communication and voice command with the stock head unit - I'm sure the Aeropro kit allows this, but have no idea how to connect the mic up - has anyone tackled this before with ANY aftermarket head unit in a VF holden? The Joying does come with its own mic, but I'd rather not have extra bits and pieces poking out of the car if I don' have to.

i'm pretty sure it's on the roof near the courtesy lights.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
It looks much better than my poor man's version

IMG_7127.png

It also can fit much more gages on the Torque App

Screenshot_20211214-141951_Photos.jpg

djdante

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
I like it.
And I can see that the price for the 8" and 11.4" are the same. Thought choice. Where did you get it from ?

I got it directly from Joying in China - Took about... 12 days to arrive.

Reactions: Lex

Chunkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 my10
I honestly think it looks quite good - in person - But that aside - Ii'd choose the functionality over a change in aesthetics - I'm a tech whore after all ;)
View attachment 230672

Here you go mate - https://photos.app.goo.gl/tXZcr1M67gVCUpvw7
Wow this looks great. I just installed a joying in my VE with an Aeropro kit, but I can't seem to get the steering wheel controls to work, definately can't get the HVAC to do this. Did you have any troubles wiring in the joying unit to the VF, or did it just work out of the box. Any extra info you have on setting up the joying unit configuration would be appreciated.

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Just about to put a eonon q03pro into my vz ss. 48 band eq ftw gotta love these cheap Chinese head units, this one seemed to have good reviews will post an update once it gets here. Updating my old Chinese win ce based unit to this android tablet version, it’s got wireless and wired apple car play and android auto

SS Chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Series 1 UTE
Hey all,

So thanks to everyone who commented in my thread when I was considering what head unit to install.

I went with an 11.6" Joying head unit after seeing how hard the company is working on its customer relations online. Indeed they were great communicators every step of the way.

I had to get an Aeropro VF holden kit of course to adapt the HVAC, rear camera, and other bits and pieces.

View attachment 230634

I think it fits pretty nicely honestly - the aircon vents can still fully reach the driver and passenger, and no controls are blocked. And looks quite handsome in the car -modernising the interior - after all many brand new Euro offerings use floating screens these days. I haven't fully put the dash area back together since I still have to hook up the sub-woofer and a few other things.

And considering how much cheaper it is than the Alpine etc. units - while being bigger, more powerful, more feature rich - I'm chuffed.

One big question I have is - I'd like to use the car's OEM mic which is used for mobile communication and voice command with the stock head unit - I'm sure the Aeropro kit allows this, but have no idea how to connect the mic up - has anyone tackled this before with ANY aftermarket head unit in a VF holden? The Joying does come with its own mic, but I'd rather not have extra bits and pieces poking out of the car if I don' have to.

EDIT: The Aeropro kit doesn't pass through the OEM mic signal - instead I had to put in another mic - in this case, the one that came with the head unit.
Would be good to see all requirements and things you needed to get this setup. In case my setup dies in the ha$$ as doesn't work out or my head unit dies.

Can you confirm this please ?