Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just joined the orphan club

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
I'm sure the Holden sales people who frequent the ZB threads will help you out with this aspect.

But I’m here, in a commodore forum, to talk to other owners of the same car, about their cars, to get information.....

What are you here for? It seems to me you have a problem with either Holden, the GM group, the ZB itself or something personal..... Do you own a ZB? If not, why are you in the ZB forums, making unhelpful and sarcastic comments?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
well what would be a similar priced car to compare it to then?

Same type and price point....FIIK...a foulcan ?

That's the thing, there is nothing to replace it with.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What are you here for?

I'm a Commodore enthusiast.

It seems to me you have a problem with either Holden, the GM group, the ZB itself or something personal.....

I don't have a problem with real Commodores.

I do have a problem with Holden & GM, particularly around their corporate shenanigans, including likely phoenixing, and that they will get away with shafting dealers now and no doubt owners in the medium term.

Do you own a ZB?

Nope and have no intention of doing so.

.....why are you in the ZB forums, .....?

Public forum.....anyone can make any comments they like as long as they comply with the forum rules.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
I'm sure you will enjoy your ZB although it is no German car as such. I have a CalaisV Tourer and love all the tech and the way it drives. I had a VF SV6 loan car a few months ago and it felt terrible although it had 180k on the clock. Cars like the VF and FGX Falcon were truly unique and sadly we will never see the likes of them again. As a chassis they were brilliant and our local engineers should be proud of what they achhived with such limited budgets. You only need to drive a new Mustang to see how ordinary a large rear drive chassis can be.
The last Holden I owned was a VF SSV Redline and I loved it but they were all about that fantastic V8 engine and I never felt it was a good value car as far as overall quality was concerned but to get a similar sized car with the same performance would have required many more thousands of dollars. At the same time I owned the VF I also had a 98 Mercedes C280 and was amazed at how good it was and how far ahead of its time it must have been as no 22 year old Falcon or Commodore would of held together as that car has, my niece has it now and absolutely loves it.
Will ZB hold together better than VF at 100k and beyond? I think so as it feels a more solidly engineered car than those before it although VF was a huge leap in refinement than all before it and it was the first new Holden I was prepared to buy after driving every other model before it in my job as a mechanic.

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
I'm a Commodore enthusiast.

I don't have a problem with real Commodores.

I do have a problem with Holden & GM, particularly around their corporate shenanigans, including likely phoenixing, and that they will get away with shafting dealers now and no doubt owners in the medium term.

Nope and have no intention of doing so.

Public forum.....anyone can make any comments they like as long as they comply with the forum rules.

Sure is mate I just wonder why you waste your time hanging around in a forum that’s about a car you don’t even like, will never own and have such a problem with..... sour grapes I guess. Either that or you just want to ruin it for everyone else who actually likes them.... again, I don’t know why you would waste your time but anyway....

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
I'm sure you will enjoy your ZB although it is no German car as such. I have a CalaisV Tourer and love all the tech and the way it drives. I had a VF SV6 loan car a few months ago and it felt terrible although it had 180k on the clock. Cars like the VF and FGX Falcon were truly unique and sadly we will never see the likes of them again. As a chassis they were brilliant and our local engineers should be proud of what they achhived with such limited budgets. You only need to drive a new Mustang to see how ordinary a large rear drive chassis can be.
The last Holden I owned was a VF SSV Redline and I loved it but they were all about that fantastic V8 engine and I never felt it was a good value car as far as overall quality was concerned but to get a similar sized car with the same performance would have required many more thousands of dollars. At the same time I owned the VF I also had a 98 Mercedes C280 and was amazed at how good it was and how far ahead of its time it must have been as no 22 year old Falcon or Commodore would of held together as that car has, my niece has it now and absolutely loves it.
Will ZB hold together better than VF at 100k and beyond? I think so as it feels a more solidly engineered car than those before it although VF was a huge leap in refinement than all before it and it was the first new Holden I was prepared to buy after driving every other model before it in my job as a mechanic.

Sure I can totally understand all of that, I don’t mean to be rude to the engineers who designed and built the Aussie commodores but (to me anyway) it’s just clear that they were either severely hamstrung by budget or equipment etc.... the result is just something that I would describe as agricultural in comparison to the euro stuff.....

Anyway, thanks for being kind enough to talk nicely.... seems like this place is a little hostile to those who dare to say the ZB is nice..... I mean, how dare we.

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
A new brand ambassador has arrived. *Slaps roof

oh hey cool, the “*Slaps roof” guy is here.

cool catchphrase, it’s pretty funny. I see after doing a bit of reading you really like it. Good on you