Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just lost my only key

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
As the title says I have just lost my only key, how do I go about getting a new one

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Go to a dealership. They will make a new one. Take proof of ownership and ID.

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
I just rang and they said they need to get it towed there seems excessive

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Ring a locksmith first and see if you can do it cheaper. Stealerships will cost the earth.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Locksmiths might not be able to do it. Is the car locked or unlocked at the moment?

If it is locked, you will need a physical key to open a door. Holden have the codes to make a new one on the spot. Then they will need to program the physical key to the computer. And for good measure they can remove the old keys from the computer, so someone doesn't find it and take your car.

Also consider getting 2 done at the same time. So you have a spare for the future.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I'm sorry for you because you have lost your key, but fair dinkum, this is right up there with preventative maintenance of your vehicle. If you had have replaced your key when it needed it, you wouldn't be in the position you are now with the associated additional costs.

bonfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 ute
I'm sorry for you because you have lost your key, but fair dinkum, this is right up there with preventative maintenance of your vehicle. If you had have replaced your key when it needed it, you wouldn't be in the position you are now with the associated additional costs.
How is that up there with preventative maintenance? My key never needed replacing I brought it second hand and was only given one, yes if I had a spare one cut then it wouldn't be a drama now but I have had the car for 5 years now without losing it, my key ring came undone and somehow it fell off

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How is that up there with preventative maintenance? My key never needed replacing I brought it second hand and was only given one, yes if I had a spare one cut then it wouldn't be a drama now but I have had the car for 5 years now without losing it, my key ring came undone and somehow it fell off

If you replace things when they are broken or worn out, you won't have a problem. You said it yourself, if you had have purchased a second key you would not be in this predicament.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
If you replace things when they are broken or worn out, you won't have a problem. You said it yourself, if you had have purchased a second key you would not be in this predicament.

exactly right, this applies with your missus as well.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Purchase a second missus?