Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just painted My Brakes

fmx300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
Just painted My Brakes and i got paint on the disc...will that matter? or will it jsut come off after awhile? lemme know
thanks

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
How much paint are we talking? If it were mine, for piece of mind, i'd take it out the road and treat it like new pads. A couple of good hard stops to make sure it doesn't catch you off guard when you are plowing toward the back of another car.

Having said that I really doubt it'll do anything - just piece of mind.

fmx300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
proper brake paint??? ****........haha
whats the difference?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
proper brake paint??? ****........haha
whats the difference?

lol.. Brake calliper paint is heat resistant so it won't flake under the high temps. You might find that your paint won't last to long if you used the wrong one. I'd give it a month and it'll look rubbish and need a respray.

You might be able to just sand what you have back a bit with some wet and dry and then just paint over with the proper stuff. You can also use engine enamel as it's a heat resistant paint too.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Heres a pic from when I painted mine.

DSCF3702.jpg

First half hour of braking they might stick so try not to stop. (heat makes it sticky)
As mentioned.. treat them like your bedding in new pads. Try to brake as hard as you can the first time you take it out.

And yes youll need proper brake paint. Normal paint will burn, fade and peel under the extreme heat.