Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just picked up a VN 5ltr Calais (Comments?)

VNWPN

Loves going sideways
Reaction score
Members Ride
DEVIL YELLOW VN 5 LITRE :)
Everything cost money doesn't it lol, i got plans for either a 355ci or 383ci stroker kit, been told be easy to put in the 355, but 1st things first need all new shockers as after 20 years they have finally had it and ride quailty is really poor at moment. then got to put rest of build i want on hold due to upcoming baby, my plans have changed lol .

R u going to just get another throttle body added or go a good twin body setup like comes or trickshift's. I have seen people add another throttle body to there existing one, but wouldn't u still have to fix the manifold to get best out of it.

BEGME2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV 6ltr
I'll be running twin GasResearch throttle bodies on an aftermarket low rise manifold (preferably Harrop, cash flow dependant). Not sure on the way I'll configure them yet that'll depend on what cold air intake I decide on

BEGME2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV 6ltr
Thanks Paul.

Yeah the garnish is still on the car and the lights are put away. Still debating what I'll use, might even swap over to original Calais lights and garnish yet. At the moment the car is the same as the last pic I posted, Berlina lights and dark sprayed garnish.

BEGME2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV 6ltr
UPDATE: Just replaced the bumpers and had them sprayed to the correct colour to match the car, and fitted new chrome moulding. I'm replacing the rack and installing the front adjustable Konis and Kmacs next week as well as a new set of springs. The new Harrop modified Tru-Trac diff centre and diff gears go in late next month as well as recoing the tailshaft and then she'll be ready to drop the new engine in. Already picked up my pacemaker extractors, stall convertor and most of the other bits and pieces so I'll install them while I have the engine out.

Last edited: