Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just stops???????

Kulwinder

Kulwinder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Hi guys
My VX Wagon just stops while driving in hot days.
During last week never stopped because of friendly whether. even I drive it regularly around 100ks.

But week before last week It stopped about about 20 times in 10ks.

Actually while driving its motor just stops, you pull it inside after a while you keep trying and it starts. you move a bit and stops again.

its crank angle sensor something has been changed by its last owner nearly two months ago.
One machanic checked with computer. No eror. he sugest me to changed fuel pump. But a faulty fuel pump will not let motor start.

Any one suggest me what do i do?

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
This might sound silly but, check your terminals on your battery, one of my terminals was not connecting properly and it never disconnected enough to lose radio settings but the car would turn off randomly or it wouldnt start, i just tightened the terminal heaps and it hasn't done it since (the better option though would be to get new terminals).

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
+1 to ruggj.

I also suggest you check your coil pack and the connection from it to the spark plugs. *Make sure battery is disconnected when messing around with it*
After 13 years the connection is getting a bit iffy, from memory it's a 7mm socket. Undo it, check there is no dust/dirt or crap, and put it back in properly. I check mines in properly every few months, needs to be replaced at some point though.

Kulwinder

Kulwinder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Just stops?????

Thanks very much for reply.
I will check terminals now.

I have replaced coil pack already. But still has the same problem.
I will check connections to spark plugs.

Do these thing are concerned with hot weather.
Because in cold no problem. Only when the day is hot and sunny.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
hey mate, in my experience fuel pumps either work or they dont but i may be wrong.

daza26

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR BT1 SS
Same thing happens in misses VS been happenin for bout a month got a mate to have a look yesterday as it was taking ages to stop he wiggled injector plugs n it started so I drove home turned it off it wouldn't start so I wiggled em again n it started. So try that wiggle them all make sure they r all on tight

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is one way to check if it is the CAS (maybe the new one is faulty). Carry a bottle of water with you (preferably chilled) when you take the car out. Next time it stops and doesnt start up again, pour the cold water behind the balancer. Then if it starts up straight away or without much trouble its most likely the CAS.

Regarding the fuel pump, maybe you can get the fuel system tested (if you've got good fuel pressure).

Also take note about what the others said about the electrical. And spraying some WD40 in the injector plugs and the connection to the DFI module wont hurt.

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
id say check the CAS ( i had one die on me recently.... pain in the a$$) - but as always, first step is to check any error codes that may be logged... if its the CAS you'll get an error code to match