Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just tap it ..

SV6SLAVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 auto
Hi , long time and no posting. I tend to come to you guys before I head to my mechanic as you guys can explain simply but help me sort of nut out if it’s an easy fix or not so here goes .... I own a SV6 2015 vf2 .

It’s winter and this year just like last year I am having an issue with something going on in my head lights or wiring (doesn’t happen in summer at all) my drivers side head light has decided to take a break from its duties upon start up and when driving .... I will start the car like normal .. wait for engine to heat up a lil and drive .. my problem lies with the drivers headlight not turning on - I tap it lightly like you would tap your fingers in the table and it turns on but if I don’t it doesn’t turn on ... have you any suggestions for me in how to manage this “fault”?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Something is not connecting properly and things shrink in colder weather (gets worse as you get older) and I have never played with a VF but if it were mine I would remove and refit the connectors and bulb and earthing.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hi , long time and no posting. I tend to come to you guys before I head to my mechanic as you guys can explain simply but help me sort of nut out if it’s an easy fix or not so here goes .... I own a SV6 2015 vf2 .

It’s winter and this year just like last year I am having an issue with something going on in my head lights or wiring (doesn’t happen in summer at all) my drivers side head light has decided to take a break from its duties upon start up and when driving .... I will start the car like normal .. wait for engine to heat up a lil and drive .. my problem lies with the drivers headlight not turning on - I tap it lightly like you would tap your fingers in the table and it turns on but if I don’t it doesn’t turn on ... have you any suggestions for me in how to manage this “fault”?
My ve used to do the exact same thing. Tap the headlight and it would come on . I had trouble tracing the fault because even popping the bonnet to have a look would make it turn on. I done exactly what rambunctious suggested and went to the wreckers and bought a headlight plug and a generous amount of loom and that fixed it.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Replace the bulb. Its a sign that the filament in the bulb is about to fail .

SV6SLAVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 auto
Thank you guys - I’ll replace bulb and do the headlight plug as suggested in next few days and see what comes of it thanks again ;)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Thank you guys - I’ll replace bulb and do the headlight plug as suggested in next few days and see what comes of it thanks again ;)
Maybe swap the drivers side globe with the passenger side to see if its the filament or the wiring , cheaper tha buying new globe