Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just tried lucas powersteering stop leak

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
ok guys i have read good things about this product and i figure my rack and pump r on there last legs so i may as well spend the 13 dollars on a bottle and see how she goes.i just put the whole 355 ml bottle in the resovoir and topped it up with a little fluid then i started it and wow cause its so thick my powersteering was making a terrible noise lol scared me but then i relised this lucas stop leak needs a minute to heat up and start flowing so took the car round the block turned the wheel left and right a few times and she feels and sounds all good . ina day or 2 once the stop leak has a chance to swell the seals ill report back to let you guys no if this product is indeed anygod.i thing to note my powersteering leak is from my rack ends at the boot and the rack ends were replaced about 1 year ago so not sure why there leaking anyway lets see how it goes muz

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
the seal isn't actually the "rack ends", the seal is at the end of the rack, and rack ends and what bolts to the end of the rack if this is making sense to you.

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
wouldyou put brake fluid in your engine?.be prepeared for a complete system rebuild soon including hoses.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
wouldyou put brake fluid in your engine?.be prepeared for a complete system rebuild soon including hoses.

what has brake fluid in the engine got to do with a powersteering rack leak stopping agent for a powersteering rack? Its the same as a engine leak stopping agent, thickens up the oil so it doesnt seep through gaps. Its only a fix that will last a certain amount of time, but not everyone can afford to have another powersteering rack put in.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it swells the seals and normally works bloody good after the seals have softened and make a good seal again ive fixed some serious leaks in racks with this stuff and they are still going today many years later

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
No issues with anyb oil conditions you place in you steering, engine and transmission. It's good for the car. I'm happy it has worked for you and you saved money. Now you can spend the money on more beer :)