Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just upgraded a VF to a VE

Coight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
Recently sold my VF SV6 Black Edition and bought a 6.0L 09 Calais. While the SV6 was a beautiful car to drive i've gotta say the 7yr older Calais is equally as good but the V8 like so many of you know is something else, i absolutely love it

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Recently sold my VF SV6 Black Edition and bought a 6.0L 09 Calais. While the SV6 was a beautiful car to drive i've gotta say the 7yr older Calais is equally as good but the V8 like so many of you know is something else, i absolutely love it

Needs more pics.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Congrats mate, have always preferred the look inside and out of the VE’s to the VF’s (VF GTS’ aside). Anything you miss about the VF? Enjoy your new v8 mate, maybe a new cam build ahead? Haha. Have a good Sunday.

Coight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
Congrats mate, have always preferred the look inside and out of the VE’s to the VF’s (VF GTS’ aside). Anything you miss about the VF? Enjoy your new v8 mate, maybe a new cam build ahead? Haha. Have a good Sunday.
Yeah the remote start, passive entry and heads up display were neat additions but i can live without them. I did just put a 2 1/2 inch cat back on so i could actually hear it but will leave it stock from here on.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Yeah the remote start, passive entry and heads up display were neat additions but i can live without them. I did just put a 2 1/2 inch cat back on so i could actually hear it but will leave it stock from here on.
Ah it’s definitely worth it for that v8 rumble and performance. They are remarkably quiet stock, couldn’t wait to change the exhaust on mine either. It’ll serve you well, I’m sure mate.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
"But will leave it stock from here on " ha ha how many times have we heard that .

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
"But will leave it stock from here on " ha ha how many times have we heard that .
Was going to say the same haha but I still don’t mind a nice tidy stocker, if that’s what the OP wishes.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
You can buy a remote start kit for the VE. Have a quick look on YouTube or google and check them out.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Pics needed

I miss my V8

Sigh

Coight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
Was going to say the same haha but I still don’t mind a nice tidy stocker, if that’s what the OP wishes.
Nah definitely no other mods, wouldn't have touched the exhaust if i could at least heard something. Each to their own but i prefer a factory stock over a moded car anyday.