Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just VY and pioneer rookie questions

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by evBenji, Sep 10, 2018.

1. evBenji

evBenji Active Member

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    Ive got a new pioneer head unit

On the rear parcel shelf 400w pioneer speakers - these sound awesome

In the drivers door 300w pioneer speakers
    - however im getting really poor sound from these, they lack any meaty-ness, they are kinda vague, or ghostly
    - iv actually realized it might be just the drivers door only
    - ive tried other speakers here too - JVC ones and they had the poor sound too
    - the original stock holdens ones i wasnt getting this at all
    - so im thinking i might have to feed through a new wire from inside the door to head unit?

Also the tweeters in the dash, they sound more powerful than my front door speakers, whats going on there? And what speakers are they hooked up to? Because the head unit doesnt have specific wires for tweeters, its only got front and rear wires

Also what cross over mean does it relate to my set up here

Also my antenna doesnt move at all, autobarn told me to get a antenna adaptor $18 but that did nothing

ive also got the aeropro adapter in for steering controls, but the antenna didnt work previously either

thanks for any help

2. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I'd be inclined run an amp and run all new cables to each speaker from the amp. The sound will be way better as you get a cleaner signal using an amp, as you can lower the volume control on the head unit and still get loudness. I run an amp and all new cabling when I do installs now. Factory wiring is 9 times out of 10 substandard.