Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just wanted to know

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Hmmm.....something don't seem right. The centre bearing should line up. We've done the borgy conversions a few times....but we used the rear half of the vk borgy tailshaft with the front half of the current tailshaft.....the centre bearings has always lined up for us!

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
when i used the salsbury front and borg rear its to long about an inch thats wierd is the borg rear a vk or vl im using vl diff and borg vk tail shaft

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
ill try again tomorow and see if i done somthing wrong i dont see how thoe

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
ive got pacemakers then twin 21/2to muffler then single 3" and the muffler just says super turbo. not sure whats been done to engine as i buyed it that way but it gos ok just the diff lets it down big time.

The exhaust could be a bit big for the engine Im running something similar on my Injected 304.
If your only running the super turbo muffler (standard sport muffler pretty good quality) you could do a couple of things
Get a glass packed sport muffler for the front & the biggest mother of a hot dog you can get for the rear. It will give the nice V8 growl but take the edge off the drone. Really to reduce the drone you need to do smaller maybe twin 1 3/4" pipes instead of a single 3 and just use a single 3" as a tip.

As for the tial shaft I had to shorten the front part of my shaft by 15mm & modify my rear as well. I am running a T5 & VL Turbo LSD.

cheers
Scott

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
1 3/4 thats abit small you mean 2 3/4 dont ya i just didnt want to go heaps quiet as the clutch fan gives me the s#%*s . as for the tail shaft im gonna get it cut and balanced when ive got enough money but fo now ill make a bracket maybe .

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hey how did you go with the exhaust? i have a standard exhaust on mine and it sounds too quiet, was thinking of just putting a straight through single 2 1/2 in on it... atm its a single 2 1/3 with a muffler

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
i havent got to that at the moment dose yours have the rear muffler? mine has just got front muffler then strait pipe and its not quiet at all

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
1 3/4 thats abit small you mean 2 3/4 dont ya i just didnt want to go heaps quiet as the clutch fan gives me the s#%*s . as for the tail shaft im gonna get it cut and balanced when ive got enough money but fo now ill make a bracket maybe .

No I did say TWIN 1 3/4 even twin 2" into single & back to twin. flow wise a propper twin 1 3/4 will do better then a single 3" whilst keeping the note quieter with mufflers on each pipe.
As for the clutch fan get rid of it then an put electrics on it.

cheers
Scott

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
i have finaly found a way to fit the tailshaft its a bit strange a vl wagon rear half and salsbury front half and now it dose 3 gear cherpies lol. thanks every one for your help.

now my sle dose this:driving::driving: lamo:thumbsup: