Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looking good mate , just leave the covers off . Ive had mine off the whole time looks better with the turtle shell I reckon .

Just hunt around for a DuSpeed on ebay 2nd hand for cheap , they come up now and then .

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Looking good mate , just leave the covers off . Ive had mine off the whole time looks better with the turtle shell I reckon .

Just hunt around for a DuSpeed on ebay 2nd hand for cheap , they come up now and then .
yeah im checking ebay for bits and bobs all the time, cash flow is tight at though still recovering from being penniless during the last few months of uni. I missed out on a Genuine VY HSV gauge pod because i didnt have the cash to blow. only went for $55 bucks! which was badly timed because of the amount of bills i had to pay that i had been putting off until i finished uni.

tax return is incoming and a big pay day so things should start happening. Gonna put some money into the Audio and Dynamatting, then pod gauges, then ill prob do the engine covers and a new OTR.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Little preview.

Still trying to decide whether I should swap the gauge face or not. At least its got a silver back.

I have the sender for the oil but no wiring loom.
20131216_210012_zpsd6619880.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Just PM'd someone about a loom, still need that adapter plate thing dont I? (such a noob)

I have the installation guide from VDO so hopefully that will be enough.

also looking into split engine covers, dunno if i should get plain, LS1 logo, or HSV logo. Will get my friend to airbrush a very simple graphic composition instead of a solid colour I think.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
So i fitted the gauge pod today, not wired up :p waiting to hear back from a guy about a loom. here are some pics.

teatowel over a screw driver to protect the dash.

Was a firm but not difficult lift. Had to use my other hand to pull the cover off.

You need to swap the clips over from the cover to the pod. The guy i bought the pod off already had the clips attached so I was good to go.

sy
Done, as easy as changing the batteries in a remote. cant wait to get them hooked up.

I think it looks awesome, shame the gauges are a bit dull though... at least they are colour matched sorta

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks the goods man! cant wait to see them wired up

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Love the condition of those seats. If you're still having trouble replacing your shifter, and you're happy to keep your existing boot, the VE shifter knob should fit on fine.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Love the condition of those seats. If you're still having trouble replacing your shifter, and you're happy to keep your existing boot, the VE shifter knob should fit on fine.

Cheers man, very happy with my interior the previous owners looked after it really well.

Just a wash today, usually I do a hand wash but im house sitting so I didnt have access to my goodies.

Emailed a few places about getting the things I need to get the gauges up and running waiting on replies but not holding my breath as its thw holiday season.

Think im gonna buy a Gregorys manual. First thing to fix is the aerial. Its permanently up which is annoying especially since I barely listen to the radio ever. Why listen to **** music and 500 adds when I have access to my own music lol

Also going be doing my brakes soon. Cant afford to get bigger ones so im gonna get some quality DBA rotors and decent pads. Will give some increased performance and not hurt the wallet as bad. Thinking it might be a good time to paint the calipers to. Since they will need to come off for the new rotors. Probably just go with red.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
So I did a chop up on Photoshop of some caliper colours for comparison.

I kinda like the white and black combos, its understated. The red is very in your face, but without the big brakes to back up the bold colour i think the understated white/black could be cool.
I also thought I could do a stencil or a stencil of the SS logo and put in on the face of the caliper.

Thoughts?