Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Juzzas VH SL/X

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
What should I do? (this relates to my car! shock! lol)

I own a blue VH SL/X, it came with a broken blue motor.. ripped it out, and got a black 202 to throw in there, only problem is it's stuck and it's been a while since I bothered doing stuff to the car, but now I want to put the motor in, fix the dints and get her on the road..

I've attatched some pics of the motor as it is now, should I bother getting it out and throwing it in the car (mind you I havn't even got learners yet, way too busy but I want to get it soon and have a car to drive on Ls/Ps until I can afford something better or just do this up)

Also if you recommend I should get it out, how the hell?! Wrap some rope around it? What kind? Where can I get this rope? It's stuck in there pretty good (we didn't use rope to put it there, used the block and tackle and miraculously put it in there (upside down :b: ), should I put it on the floor first or try to flip it in mid air and land it in the VH?

Any tips, advice or suggetions would be brilliant, if this works I want to convert it to run unleaded and get some EFI happening

R

rattattack1313

I'd get a bit of steel wire with loops on the end...wrap it around it....(poor shopping trollley..lol......)it is stuck in the trolly???hacksaw mate..... after you have it suspended....give the motor and bay a good de-grease...... and see how you go from there.....most motors have a lug bolted on somewhere to hook a hoist onto.....

N

Nev

Woo Hoo Motorised shopping trolley

My suggestion would be to hire a lifting device (like a small hydraulic crane) from a local hire company
Most of these will deliver and pick up for a small fee

Its all right to have strong rope or steel cable and "D" shackles or a block and tackle but what will you hanging them from bearing in mind that must garage/shed roofs are designed to hold the weight of the roof and that’s all (and not a motor)..
So be careful.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
AHAHAHAHHAHA that is the funniest **** ever.

PS. I'm a trolley boy at your local woolies, and i want my trolley back

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
You guys will love this.. tipped the trolley over lol - I also attatched a ricer pic I took today because I thought it reminded me of christmas

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Ok using my moderator powers I've moved this thread to a better place, this can be my thread for the VH.. I'll keep you all updated, leave comments/ideas etc. see what you guys think.. oh and here are some piccies

First pic is of SL/E door trims we modified
Second is the headlights I modified to be "monaro style"
Third pic is of the car the day I got it (note the headlight difference if you couldn't tell lol)

R

rattattack1313

so.............what happened to the shopping trolley?????

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
However You Do It Carefully, Drop Your Legally Aquired Trolley On Its Side Roll Motor Out And Use A Proper Lifting Jig So You Can Lower It In At An Angle And Not Ruin Your Spigot Or Drive Plate. Remember Timing Is Off Of Flywheel/drive Plate, So You Need The Little Black Box Too, But Easy Enough With Vk Manual From Gregs, Listed You On Hotmail, Love Building Cars From Ground Up And They Pass Pits First Time As Did My Vh With A Starfire 4 And 5 Speed Which Was A 202 Auto. Forget The Fluffy Dice Spend Money On All The Bits The Car/conversion Came With! Jimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
Dont Let Her Die, We Need More Aussie Cars On Road, Less Rice Burners, Only Pissed Off My Vl Shares Motor With Nissan