Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JVC Headunit memory ??

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
hey all i have a VN Calais, and i have just bought a JVC Headunit and i have hooked it up all up speakers all work good, i just cant get memory (Radio stations preset) off the head unit unless i have it hooked up to constant Power, vice versa i get memory, can anyone tell me whats going on please.

Thanks.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hey all i have a VN Calais, and i have just bought a JVC Headunit and i have hooked it up all up speakers all work good, i just cant get memory (Radio stations preset) off the head unit unless i have it hooked up to constant Power, vice versa i get memory, can anyone tell me whats going on please.

Thanks.

What exactly is your problem? You should have 2 power wires, a constant and an accessorys. You need both for it to work, if you dont hook up the constant it wont retain memory when its off (assuming you have bridged the acc and constant wires together on the acc wire)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hangon, i think i understand your problem now... when you turn the car off all the memory is cleared? If this is the case swap the constant and acc wires around ;)