Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K frame damaged

Boydey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Hi all,

So I had to replace the LHF strut mount bearing (was rooted) and while it was in the shop got them to replace the control arm bushes and a few other things. Got a call from the shop while the car was in and the dude starts explaining to me that the front LH lower control arm inner bush mount was so worn it damaged the k frame where it bolts on, so much so that the hole the bolt goes into was so big I will need a new K frame. Needless to say I was not going to get them to replace the k Frame and told them to do the best they could with how it was.

Not sure if this a common problem as I cant really find much info on it. Its a VZ Maloo.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Boydey.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Not seen this in other than a damaged car, but yes I guess its certainly possible with the right factors. I'd be knocking out the lower control arm bolt and having a look to see just how much wear is in it. There should only be about 0.5mm clearance to the bold size.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
have you hit a gutter or some thing, cause as cander24 said unless there is damage it wont happen, useualy the bolt is bent too.