Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N air filters

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Standard filters if replaced regularly flow just as well as K&N, for the money they're simply not worth it.

What many people forget here is that a freer flowing panel filter means more air gets through... How does more air get through? It's obviously not filtering as heavily as other filters... K&N filters along with some 'alleged' freer flowing filters are reknowned for letting more dust and dirt through than standard filters. That will certainly hamper your performance in the long run.

Replace your standard panel filter regularly and the difference is negligible. Spend your money elsewhere, headers, catback, TB, CAI, rockers etc.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
$30 for a standard filter....change it 4 times and thats a K&N so if you change it regularly to get the "same effect" as a K&N maybe worth buying one.

they definitely suck better...whether they increase performance...no idea.
but you can definately hear the difference when idling

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
DeanoVT said:
they definitely suck better...whether they increase performance...no idea.
but you can definately hear the difference when idling

also when you put your foot down you can really hear it suck:D , im all for the k&n, wether pod or panel it will only do good.
Im still yet to talk to someone face to face that has something bad to say about em.:thumbsup:

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
Well i tell u 1 thing 4 sure dont put a pod filter on there my car had 1 when i got it so i went down the wreakers and got me an airbox and then went and got a k&n panel filter and i tell u wot its 10 times better now:D

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I say the opposite.. I had the K+N, after I chucked the pod in it went heaps better..

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Don't know if pods go any better, but they do suck in more air then a panel and sound that bit more beefier.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I will never run a K&N again. Waste of money. They are a pain in the ass to keep clean which if you let them go actually filter worse when full then a normal one.
Just pulled one out of the SS black as all **** and put a stock GM one in.
AirStrike :air:

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
would a K&N pannel filter make much of a difference if i just left the original CAI or do u have to get an after market CAI for it to do somthing?

an-D

Reaction score
Website
www.streetwagons.com
Members Ride
Nissan Silvia S15
a pod filter will be useless if its sitting in the engine bay unsheilded, it will just be sucking in hot air... the sound of a pod filter is deceiving :p