Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N filter for VCM OTR

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
I've seen a bit of discussion on here about replacement/spare filters for VCM OTR's, specifically for the VE/VF V8's.

What I haven't seen verified is the K&N part number for the filter. There is a number stamped on the filter supplied with the VCM intake - SP-3463; but this doesn't seem to be a K&N part number.
The closest K&N match (using dimensions) that I found is a 332591 that is the same length and width but approximately 1mm more in height. I would imagine that the 1mm difference (being part of the rubber seal) would compress easily when fitted.

Has anyone used this filter in their VCM OTR or is there a different one that fits?

...btw the 332591 is for Porsche 928's

update: I've just noticed that the Supercheap website description for a K&N 332591 filter claims Porsche and VCM intakes!

the annoying thing is - you have to know the part number to find the description, a search for VCM, for example, won't give you a hit.

Last edited:

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I've seen a bit of discussion on here about replacement/spare filters for VCM OTR's, specifically for the VE/VF V8's.

What I haven't seen verified is the K&N part number for the filter. There is a number stamped on the filter supplied with the VCM intake - SP-3463; but this doesn't seem to be a K&N part number.
The closest K&N match (using dimensions) that I found is a 332591 that is the same length and width but approximately 1mm more in height. I would imagine that the 1mm difference (being part of the rubber seal) would compress easily when fitted.

Has anyone used this filter in their VCM OTR or is there a different one that fits?

...btw the 332591 is for Porsche 928's

update: I've just noticed that the Supercheap website description for a K&N 332591 filter claims Porsche and VCM intakes!

the annoying thing is - you have to know the part number to find the description, a search for VCM, for example, won't give you a hit.
I have an Orsam OTR and it too takes a Porsche filter.

Mattshaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
BE CAREFUL!!

I bought the K&N filter 332591 to replace the original VCM filter, and it did not fit! It is far off a like for like replacement.

So on a public holiday I found that my air filter had basically become an oil filter thanks to not having a catch can and revving the engine. My initial thought was "oh, VCM, American, I won't be able to find a replacement filter easily in Aus", so I hopped on to Supercheap Autos website and ordered the K&N unit, they had none in stock and it would be delivered to my house in a couple of days.
The filter arrived and I tried to fit it, it didn't fit.... tried and tried again, but not luck. I eventually got it to kinda fit, I had to clamp down one side of the filter, I did this hoping that if I left it for a while it would compress the rubber and all would be sweet - no dice! I went back the following day to remove the clamps and the filter assembly popped open.
So! I had a closer look at the original VCM filter and noticed on the smaller side of the filter it wasn't as wide as the K&N, but it looked like if I trimmed it down it would be ok, so I took to it with a Stanley knife. This didn't work, so I took another closer look at the original and saw that along the long side the size was also different. At this stage I was annoyed (at a few things, myself included) so I googled VCM dealers in my area, and what do ya know there were 2, I live in country Victoria. I called them straight away, they said yep, no dramas we'll overnight you a filter element and call you tomorrow to pick it up.
They called, I grabbed it, and paid $20 less than the bloody K&N unit as well.

So in closing, just get the VCM element and save yourself some hearth ache.

My annoyances were, firstly that the K&N element didn't fit, then the fact I didn't look closely enough initially, then that I hacked up the K&N one....

Hope this helps someone.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I ordered a spare filter from VCM and it is a K&N filter.
Not at home at the moment so can’t check part number.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Here is the part number of my spare K&N filter

11225233-4C67-47F4-8361-26093E0DA038.jpeg