Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N filter worth the $120

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah but how much is the cleaning pack?? Ive heard thats its more then a normal paper filter so i think you better off just buying paper ones.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
HAHA yer there a bit exy around $60 (i fink) for the pack but the pack will clean the filter about 10-15 times so it does kinda work out cheaper in a way....

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
K & N filter cleaning pack is $22 from Super cheap auto, auto barn, repco etc.. and will last about 20 or so washes if u adhere to the directions

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hmm that reminds me i need to go and get a recharge pack...
i paid $130 for a k&n panel, but i was desperate for one and no other shop around me had any:bang:

personally i wouldn't bother with a k&n again, it was no better then a cheap $30 pod filter! kid you not, im one for noticing even the slightest differance in my car and nothing changed when i put the k&n in.

fight it as much as you like, untill i see actual results (meaning they tested it for at least 2 years in all differant aspects) dyno tests arn't valid imo anything can make the car read 1 more hp, fan, person doing the dyno test, condition of car, the weather (done on a real cold day apose to a real hot day, cold day will make it flick over 1 extra, but that is the only testing i've seen with the k&n and frankly it's not good enough.

don't waste your money a $30 POD will be as good.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Wot difference if any at all that a KaN will make you will not notice ya mite over a standart panel filter but not the cheap pod style the only thing with the KaN is ya can reuse it and yes my mate had his race car on the dyno and they done back to back runs one with a KaN one with a pod filter and both the same results.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
With my VT V6 I noticed a little difference, not a whole lot. For $100 I really bought it cause at any time I can wash it, and not be concerned about whether the air filters blocked, should I go buy another. She has a lot more sucking noise in the intake, though. If you are really tight the filter can go on ebay you'll get $50 for it!

Worth it? In my mind it was. Not for the potential power increase though. A pod should be better because of the additional surface area, however I wanted to keep the engine bay stock

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
With my VT V6 I noticed a little difference, not a whole lot. For $100 I really bought it cause at any time I can wash it, and not be concerned about whether the air filters blocked, should I go buy another. She has a lot more sucking noise in the intake, though. If you are really tight the filter can go on ebay you'll get $50 for it!

Is this the pod or panel filter ya talking about as I bought my KaN pod for $35 brand new.